1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Have you considered moving your hosting to the cloud?

Cloud hosting is becoming a very popular trend right now. If you have considered moving to a cloud hosting provider, what are your reasons for doing it, and if not what would you say are the reasons you haven't.
  3. Code Monkey V. 0.9
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

I moved to a cloud server for my hosting a while back now. I outgrew a standard reseller account, and preferred the idea of having my own server that wasn't tied to one physical piece of hardware that can fail at any time. Also helps that I can add and remove resources from the server as I want to which let me control how much I'm paying, and what I can expect. One big plus was that it's easy for the providers to back up complete servers, so i fosmething goes wrong, you trash your current server, and restore the one backup frm yesterday, and the server starts woking again in less then an hour, rather then however long a real server takes to fix.

There are downsides though. Because the servers are virtuailised, they can be a bit slower. This is only an issue if you are hosting some high-volume or high processing sites.
  5. Contributing User

Cloud hosting is a complete value for money. The architecture of cloud hosting enables redundancy, efficient server performance and network security. This also facilitates fail over protection and the unique ability to update and maintain the hardware. Cloud hosting is virtualization technology at its best. Aspects like fail over and resource balancing between the hardware resources is automatically managed allowing the cloud servers to take the complete advantage of the high availability infrastructure. This powerful hosting platform will surely benefit all types of businesses; moreover business expansion can be easily planned with cloud hosting.
  7. No Profile Picture

Catacaustic,

It looks like the benefits seem to out weight the negatives for you. In some of those cases where things might run a bit slower, people have started to look at hybrid solutions. i.e. put your high process applications (database servers with high i/o) on a dedicated server with direct attached storage, and network it together with your cloud servers.

Thanks for the input on how your using the cloud. Good luck!
  9. No Profile Picture

Thanks for your input as well James-A. Exactly right. These are some of the value and benefits and why cloud computing is buzzing right now.
  11. No Profile Picture

Anyone else choose cloud hosting?
  13. No Profile Picture

yea why not it s secure your website icould use it if i knew how to do just heard it.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo