1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Hostin in usa or england

Hi
    I need a new host
    as I think my host needs a braindoctor..and if I tell him Im afraid he will block me and wont go to the doctor.

The situation is this,
    a .com website active since 2001 starting to have good ranking in google in 2002. In 2003 and onwards always on first page. It has always been hosted in USA.

We are situaded in Spain, but had before mostly clients from u.k, spain and sweden, mostly as the web are in english, swedish and spanish, and there are many visitor generally from those countries, however also had clients from rest of word, including usa.

Nowaydas we have less brittish, swedish and spanish clients, but a lot more russian and from other countries in europe, and of course some from countries not in europe.

So, hosting in spain is expensive and dont give as much as us hosting.

What I understand is that for google and other searchengines being hosted in u.k would give the site better spead and better ranking maybe.
    But I am not interested in u.k only, suppose we would have better ranking in google.co.uk and yahoo.co.uk etc.
    I mean persons not from uk that use english for searching I imagine they use google.com and yahoo.com etc and dont use google.uk.

Im afraid if I "move" to england I could loose position in google.com etc....

Any recomendations?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Hello,

My advice is to stay with US based host. You could be hosted in USA and to have good google.co.uk results too.

Regards
    http://www.windowshostingasp.net/ - Free ASP.NET Web hosting resources and information.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by HostingASPNet
    Hello,

My advice is to stay with US based host. You could be hosted in USA and to have good google.co.uk results too.

Regards
    Well, its complicated to check ranking from spain as google looks at your ip for the result, however if I check google.com and google.co.uk we are better in google.com and worse in google.co.uk but that looks to be because they give some kind of preferences to domain .co.uk I think.
    Thanks for your advice.
  7. Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

You should consider activating a CDN service for your hosting account. The optimized trace routes should boost your Search engine rankings for local searches.
    HostColor.com - Web Hosting ServicesDedicated Hosting - since 2000
    Data center: near Chicago; Network (AS46873): Level 3, Cogent, Hurricane Electric, Retn.net
    24/7 Support: 1-888-222-1495; Skype: HostColor

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo