1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Why is needed a dedicated server?

Hosting providers are offering dedicated server. Why is needed a dedicated server? It costs more, but is there any benefit to rent a dedicated server?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Hello,

There are many benefits if you use dedicated hosting server.
    1. You do not share the server hardware with anyone as RAM, CPU.
    2. Your applications are more secured.
    3. You have remote access, so you can install what sofwate you want.

Regards
    http://www.windowshostingasp.net/ - Free ASP.NET Web hosting resources and information.
  5. No Profile Picture

dedicated server

Hi!
    Dedicated servers are more expensive because you pay for hosting your site on a separate server, thus your site will have a maximum data transfer rate to the customers. For example the same SwissHosters, they offer their clients a dedicated server for every taste, in addition all their servers are protected from DDoS attacks.
  7. Devshed Beginner (1000 - 1499 posts)

Originally Posted by webmasterJacob
    Dedicated servers are more expensive because you pay for hosting your site on a separate server, thus your site will have a maximum data transfer rate to the customers.
    I have a dedicated server and my hosting costs less than most shared hosting plans. You just have to shop around.
    Don't like me? Click it.

Scripting problems? Windows questions? Ask the Windows Guru!

Stay up to date with all of my latest content. Follow me on Twitter!

Help us help you! Post your exact error message with these easy tips!
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Here are some reasons why you may need a dedicated server

- Greater Performance
    - Increased Reliability
    - Added Security
    - Hosting of Multiple Websites
    - Fully Managed Services

However, you can also get all these features in fully managed VPS hosting solution in the Cloud.

If you want to read more, here is a nice blog post about "Why Do I need a Dedicated Server" - http://www.webnethosting.net/why-do-i-need-a-dedicated-server/
    WebNet Hosting
    Fully Managed Cloud VPS Hosting and Dedicated Server Provider since 2002.
    Read our Blog | Follow us @webnethosting
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Lightbulb

Its only for those who have large sites or you have custom needs on hosting setup which shared hosting usually wont allow you.
  13. No Profile Picture

Hello,

Dedicated servers can be managed or unmanaged. For the managed ones, the hosts cover the software installation needed for the website to operate and it comes with a higher price. Also they give better support for them. The unmanaged on the other hand are cheaper and demand more knowledge from the webmasters, all the software are picked, installed and configured by the webmaster himself so they could be mis-configured if he doesn't have enough experience.
    Also webmasters that own a lot of websites tend to put them all on a one server so that they can be easily managed or moved.
    Another solution for intermediate/big websites is the VPS.VPSs is basically dedicated servers that are shared with a limited number of websites (the price of the dedicated is split by the number of the websites).They can also be managed or unmanaged.
    For more detailed information about servers refer to OpenWebsiteTutorials.
  15. No Profile Picture

I was on shared hosting for about 2 years, and that is fine for a basic site like a blog or something. But when I started getting into building complex web apps, I switched to dedicated hosting at Rackspace. This gives me full root access to my server to hack, modify, and program it as I please. I can change settings in my server configuration, add/remove packages I need/don't need, and so forth. A shared hosting plan won't let you do any of this.

Your decision mostly depends on the complexity of the website. For something based on WordPress or any other common CMS, shared hosting will be fine. If you need a lot of backend scripting and complicated programming, go with a dedicated server
  17. Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

The more computing resources one website or app needs the more higher class hosting solutions it has to use. Dedicated means that all the resource of the physical server or virtual machine (when it is advertised ad "Virtual Dedicated Server") are allocated to one instance.
    HostColor.com - Web Hosting ServicesDedicated Hosting - since 2000
    Data center: 90 miles from Chicago; Network: Level 3, Cogent, Internap
    24/7 Support: 1-888-222-1495; Skype: HostColor
  19. No Profile Picture

Top Web Hosting Companies | Reviews | Top Hosting Providers

there are several advantages if you choose dedicated server you can easily configured the hardware and software according to your requirement in dedicated server only 1 web site is running on one server.
    you can try with this: 001webhost
  21. No Profile Picture

There are quite a few benefits of having a dedicated server. The main one being that the resources are guaranteed. Nobody else can abuse the server apart from you, so the only one that can affect your overall performance is you and nobody else.
  23. Contributing User

Think you may start your business from the time-tested dedicated server provider - 1paket company.
    Their servers are inexpensive and reliable.
  25. No Profile Picture

In Dedicated Server Your website will never be denied access to the resources it needs to handle traffic, so you never have to worry about your site going down or being temporarily unreliable due to other customerís use of the server.

Some of the Benefits of using Dedicated Server is as follows:
    • Dedicated hosting performs better

• Dedicated server hosting offers more control and flexibility

• Dedicated web hosting is secure
  27. Contributing User

In Dedicated Server you can use all of the dedicated resources as you are the only account holder on that server. Dedicated server Users/Admin have control over the server and can make modifications to the software according to their requirements since no other accounts are affected.

Regards,
    Calvin
    RepriseHosting
  29. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by pitpaul77
    Hosting providers are offering dedicated server. Why is needed a dedicated server? It costs more, but is there any benefit to rent a dedicated server?
    As others have said, with a dedicated server you have dedicated resources which is very important if you are running something resource intensive. You don't have to worry about your neighbors using up CPU/RAM like on a VPS.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo