Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Angry 4Dwebhosting defunct?

Hi,

It seems 4D has shut down. They have hosted my web pages for years. First their tech support became unresponsive. After weeks of no response the websites are not working. Although so far is the mail server is still working.

There seems to be some connection with GoDaddy.

Anyone have any idea what may be going on?

There was no notification at all. Is that hard? These people should be banished from the industry.

Bill
  3. No Profile Picture

4D gone

Originally Posted by bkap
    Hi,

It seems 4D has shut down. They have hosted my web pages for years. First their tech support became unresponsive. After weeks of no response the websites are not working. Although so far is the mail server is still working.

There seems to be some connection with GoDaddy.

Anyone have any idea what may be going on?

There was no notification at all. Is that hard? These people should be banished from the industry.

Bill
    I don't know the reason, but 4dwebhosting is apparentloy gone. Where and how long is anybody's guess, but the domain (registrar: enom Inc) "4dwebhosting.com" expired 12/14/2013 and they disappeared with no way to access the files of its members.
    Not a word from them prior to this. No warning, press release or e-mail to give us a heads up. And this didn't just 'happen' to them. registrars let you know LONG in advance if your domain will expire. so they knew this was coming which breaks my trust with them.
    My registrar for my website is Go Daddy and I immediately transferred my domains to them and I wouldn't ever rejoin with 4D if they DID come back.

I'm lucky that my site with them was dormant so I didn't lose much. I'm sure a LOT of other sites are screwed, though.
    And of course if you have e-mail accounts hosted by them you are equally hosed.

I would advise checking with whoever your payment provider to 4D is and look for any extra charges. As I said, this couldn't have been a surprise to them, and that kind of behavior makes me very suspicious.
  5. Contributing User

I can see that 4dwebhosting.com has renewed its registration on 15/12/2013 and the website is running active as is shown in whois details. But might be some problems. Do check out their email support or their call number. If they are seriously not in the business then it is a great loss to websites hosted on this server.
  7. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by RH-Calvin
    I can see that 4dwebhosting.com has renewed its registration on 15/12/2013 and the website is running active as is shown in whois details. But might be some problems. Do check out their email support or their call number. If they are seriously not in the business then it is a great loss to websites hosted on this server.
    Still unreachable to me, and when you go to the URL is still says it's expired.
    Still no excuse for not informing its customers it was down, and it's been almost a week.

All e-mail to them is rejected.
  9. No Profile Picture

Does anyone know if the webmail access still works? I have already moved my accounts, but my mother in law has her account still hosted with 4D, and her pop3 account has been compromised by a spammer. I need to change the password, and can't access the account management interface any longer. I was wondering it the mail interface (roundcube I believe) would have a password change option.

This isn't do or die, as I am in the process of moving her account, but it would be nice to have it taken care of ASAP, so that her domain isn't blacklisted.

If the webmail access does work, could you provide the direct link to the login page?

Regards,

Gary
  11. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by teamgs
    Does anyone know if the webmail access still works? I have already moved my accounts, but my mother in law has her account still hosted with 4D, and her pop3 account has been compromised by a spammer. I need to change the password, and can't access the account management interface any longer. I was wondering it the mail interface (roundcube I believe) would have a password change option.

This isn't do or die, as I am in the process of moving her account, but it would be nice to have it taken care of ASAP, so that her domain isn't blacklisted.

If the webmail access does work, could you provide the direct link to the login page?

Regards,

Gary
    I can't access the members page either, so it's a safe bet 4D is gone. I'm just keeping an eye on my billing so see if they keep charging me.
    If you are moving those files to a new webhost, I suggest you just move all the e-mail accounts there too. New server, new account, same e-mail addresses, new passwords. That ought to help some with the spammer problem.
    Just tell the new webhost to move all the web pointers to their server (which they ought to do automatically) and you can forget about 4D. I did it with Go Daddy that way.
  13. No Profile Picture

Simple tips!

Hello! The other alternative to going to webmail, you can make use of one the three default webmail through direct page.

Comments on this post

• Scorpions4ever disagrees : Stop lying that you're from New Zealand. What's wrong with admitting you're from the Philippines.
  15. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by JRSmith
    I can't access the members page either, so it's a safe bet 4D is gone. I'm just keeping an eye on my billing so see if they keep charging me.
    If you are moving those files to a new webhost, I suggest you just move all the e-mail accounts there too. New server, new account, same e-mail addresses, new passwords. That ought to help some with the spammer problem.
    Just tell the new webhost to move all the web pointers to their server (which they ought to do automatically) and you can forget about 4D. I did it with Go Daddy that way.
    Thanks for the reply JR.

I am good with the domain move, I was just trying to change the password ASAP for her mail account.

I had already changed my payment options for my domains to paypal only, when I couldn't reach support for assistance with billing error emails they kept sending me. So now I don't care if 4D sends bills or not.

My mother in law is in the same boat as you, it seems, as she was still set up in the autopay option and doesn't want to change her credit card info.

Since I manage her domain as well, it is a quick and easy move for her.

Too bad...I was very happy with 4D for quite a few years.

Gary
  17. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by teamgs
    Thanks for the reply JR.

I am good with the domain move, I was just trying to change the password ASAP for her mail account.

I had already changed my payment options for my domains to paypal only, when I couldn't reach support for assistance with billing error emails they kept sending me. So now I don't care if 4D sends bills or not.

My mother in law is in the same boat as you, it seems, as she was still set up in the autopay option and doesn't want to change her credit card info.

Since I manage her domain as well, it is a quick and easy move for her.

Too bad...I was very happy with 4D for quite a few years.

Gary
    Me too. I didn't ask for much but I had minimal downtime and to cost was good. Oh well.

Anybody can go out of business through no fault of their own. But not telling their clients there was a problem was unforgivable.
  19. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Well one thing every body should know that every hosting company is not quality hosting provider. So you should first go through the good or bad reviews about a hosting company and then host with them.
  21. No Profile Picture

My domain registered with 4DWebhosting

I too lost my website to 4DWebhosting.

My main concern is that I registered my website through 4DWebhosting.

Is there a way for me to transfer my .Net website to another host now that 4DWebhosting is M.I.A. ?

Thanks for any tips!
  23. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by atmo11
    I too lost my website to 4DWebhosting.

My main concern is that I registered my website through 4DWebhosting.

Is there a way for me to transfer my .Net website to another host now that 4DWebhosting is M.I.A. ?

Thanks for any tips!
    I'm not 100% sure how this works, but if the registrar for your domain goes belly up I would think that would also free up the domains under his name. I would say your first move would be to go to Go Daddy or some other registrar. Explain the situation and see if they can register the name themselves. At least you can put your name on the list for when it becomes available and hopefully beat out anyone else who wants your domain.
    Couldn't hurt to try this at least.
  25. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by JRSmith
    I'm not 100% sure how this works, but if the registrar for your domain goes belly up I would think that would also free up the domains under his name. I would say your first move would be to go to Go Daddy or some other registrar. Explain the situation and see if they can register the name themselves. At least you can put your name on the list for when it becomes available and hopefully beat out anyone else who wants your domain.
    Couldn't hurt to try this at least.
    Thanks for the advice! I'll try it! Feeling kinda desperate here
  27. No Profile Picture

lost my .Net because of 4DWebhosting

Looks like I lost my .Net website. I used 4DWebhosting.com to register my website back in 2007 and they used their own name to register the website. So I have no way to transfer it. Tried to call the 1-800 number on the 4DWebhosting whois page and the number is disconnected. Getting no response from emailing them. I just want my dot net back in my control. Called ENOM and ICANN and the best response I got was getting a lawyer or an arbitration organization. Both of which will cost a nice chunk of $$$. This sucks!
  29. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Loyal (3000 - 3499 posts)

i can go to their website.. but the site design and backend code makes me shudder.. its so pants that I wouldnt have joined them no matter what..
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo