Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page:
  1. Eager to learn
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

You say your a programmer? This actually looks like a very nice design. You chose very good colors also. I would recommend getting a banner that stands out and that matches the scheme of your site.
  3. Contributing User
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

It seems I need to re-open this thread again. I'm in need of critiquing.
    What are your ideas & comments on the sidemenu? Is it confusing or too plain?

Thanks

Comments on this post

• Skipt disagrees
    Last edited by simshaun; February 6th, 2009 at 06:05 PM.
  5. Eager to learn

I think it is too plain. I think it would look nice if you add the green image with the text of whatever over the side menu. Then somehow style up the text. Maybe add a roll over effect

Comments on this post

• simshaun agrees : thanks
  7. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

To really help here, I'd want to know what menu items you are planning on including. This will go a long way toward improving whatever suggestions I can provide.

Comments on this post

• Skipt disagrees : ..what?? Why do you need to know what text will be in the menu. He already has 3 items. Who says there will be more?
  9. Contributing User

Originally Posted by EricReese
    I think it is too plain. I think it would look nice if you add the green image with the text of whatever over the side menu. Then somehow style up the text. Maybe add a roll over effect
    Yea after waiting a day and then looking at it again, it is too plain.
    I like the idea of the gradient image on the menu. I'll try it out tonight and see how it looks.

Originally Posted by thehardway
    To really help here, I'd want to know what menu items you are planning on including. This will go a long way toward improving whatever suggestions I can provide.
    Not sure why this matters, as it will vary a lot from section to section. Typically it will have List, Create, and possibly Edit.

Comments on this post

• Skipt agrees : Agrees on the "Not sure why this matters"
  11. No Profile Picture

The reason, of course, is that there's more to designing a web page than just choosing colors and pictures.

Depending on the response, there might be a better way to organize the information - there might not even be a need for a sidebar at all.

This isn't DeviantArt; we aren't rating or judging a static picture. This is an interface.

Comments on this post

• Skipt disagrees : You obviously have no idea what your talking about. It doesn't matter about what content is on there.
  13. No Profile Picture

I think you're just having too much fun with the rating system now, there wasn't even any thought put into your last little jab.

To say that the content is irrelevant in a Web Design forum is probably the purest expression of not knowing what you're talking about. We aren't talking about what he's going to write in his <p> tags, we're looking into what sort of menu options he's going to have over there.

Functions to add and edit users can be added easily without the need for yet another sub-menu in a design that already has several layers of menu options. If there will only be one or two more menu items then that makes this sub-menu entirely pointless.

Reading up, you'll see that initially he "needed" his menu to span the page, and this current left menu design element was originally rejected by him when I suggested it earlier.

You should find a better use for your ratings than unsubstantiated trolling.

Comments on this post

• Skipt agrees : This is the use of the rep system. It means we don't have to reply to stupid troll posts. And besides, in his Screenshot he already had items on the menu. 3 in fact. Stop caring about rep. Its a toy
    • ryon420 agrees : GameYin whines too much.
  15. Eager to learn

Sorry. Meant to disagree. Not to agree. But my point is the same. Stop caring about rep. Its a toy and if you feel the need to reply further then move this to PM. This is not the place to argue..

Comments on this post

• thehardway disagrees : I think the OP just rolled you pretty hard there. So much for "stupid troll posts".
  17. Contributing User

Let me preface this post by saying my intention was not to make this a thread about rep.
    I give rep if I feel that a post has helped me in some way.

Eric, don't be a hypocrite by telling people they shouldn't care about rep. Why send me a PM making it known that you obviously were disappointed I didn't rep you within 24 hours of your post.

thehardway, I will take into consideration your implied suggestion that the 3rd submenu might not be needed. I may decide to turn these into buttons that span the top of the main body.

Thanks for everybody's help on this, thread closed.
Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo