Thread: ApolloMix

1. Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

ApolloMix

Hey there!

Check out my website, and please offer constructive criticism! Thanks! Basically, it is a music website mostly for video games and movies, but also offers original composition hosting for members.

http://www.apollomix.com
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

I found the navigation a little difficult. There was a lot of text on the homepage, I personally would not read that much text on a site. The menu on the right side of the screen seemed a little awkward, but was not bad over all.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I would add a tagline to the logo, or some explanation of what the site is. Its not clear to the casual browser so they are likely to leave.

What do you want it to be best at?
  7. Contributing User

Maybe a bit wide for the iPhone or a Netbook. Looks good at 1280 x 1024 though.

The yellow/white treble clef in your logo detracts from the crisp red/black/gray/white scheme the rest of the theme suggests. Maybe just a red one?

The long 'blog style' homepage is pretty standard these days, I'd keep it, but put a little intro paragraph (or tag line as suggested above) at the top of the main content.
    Latery Matey
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

The design is nice and clean. I would narrow the right column a bit and align all of the links. Then make the centre column fluid so that it displays correctly on all browsers. The text 'jumps' down the screen at smaller resolutions. As has been said, i think you need a tagline or a few 'calls to action' so casual browsers get an idea of what the site is about. There are basic syntax errors that could be tidied up.
    EDIT::
    I see where you are going with the nav but this is how i saw it at first:

This could be a result of the invalid HTML. I took the liberty of running the homepage through browsershots.org to see what happens.
    Screenshots available here
    Last edited by eddie21leeds; January 19th, 2010 at 04:54 AM.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

It seems the site fared well in the screenshots test. I just happen to be running IE7 on xp which is one of the few that have minor issues. I think valid coding would sort that. HTH
  13. No Profile Picture

footer is bit too large
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Nice website.
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

To be honest...the website looks incomplete. At first I think you need to change background and you header-logo need to changed.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo