Thread: Beta-DesignZ

1. *Programmer In Training*
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Beta-DesignZ

Hi guys,

New design, which took me about a day to think of and code.
    Let me know what you think. =]

Beta-DesignZ
  3. Contributing User

Originally Posted by josephman1988
    Hi guys,

New design, which took me about a day to think of and code.
    Let me know what you think. =]

Beta-DesignZ
    I suppose it's Good, but needs more content.

Maybe a form on the contact page.

Oh, and with the tabs, make them look like tabs. Show some page identification. So if I'm on the contact page, I want the contact tab to stick out from the rest. That would fit better with the notebook theme. Also, consider putting an underline on all of the tabs except the open one. That might be enough, actually.

I like the simple, sort of sloppy approach, but do you really need to give free advertising to Heineken? That might be something you wouldn't like clients to see. If you leave it there long, it will always be there on the way-back machine.. Like an old unwanted tatoo.. "It seemed cool at the time.."

Good luck
  5. *Programmer In Training*

Thankyou for the feedback, I have edited it to you spec. =]
  7. No Profile Picture

I think the tabs need to be more clear. For example it would look cool if they were post-it notes and the one you're currently on is on top of the notebook (did that make sense)?
    Also, maybe you could make it look more notebook-y by having handwritten fonts around for titles and such? And maybe drop the "1px solid black" in favor of a more subtle outlining/breaking that fits with the theme.
    Finally, the detritus around on the desk look a bit detached from the main theme, maybe a little photoshopping is in order?

Beyond that, the style is really cool. I've had the idea of using a notebook for a background before, but I've never made it work. Kudos
  9. Contributing User

Originally Posted by josephman1988
    Thankyou for the feedback, I have edited it to you spec. =]
    Good, I think it looks better now.

One more thing I'd recommend: Improve the presence of content.
    On the "Work" page, maybe put a paragraph for each thing explaining what they are. Try to use some good keywords- Do research for keywords first.

What are people searching for? What's hard to come-by? What makes your service unique? Explain how you implemented those things for each of those sites.

Also, in your current content:
    Decide who you are. Are you doing this as a hobby, or professionally? Do possible clients want to get a first impression of their web guy playing games?? Come on, you can do better than that

You have something good to offer, and it's not technical jargon possible clients don't want to hear. They don't care about data and database stuff, it's not their job. All they care about is if and how it works for them.

I don't know what to say about this, "hopefully in the future, 85% of content completely user generated content. " What percent of the content is generated by the user now? Oh wait, it's under Latest Work, but isn't yet released. So now you promised to devote your time to a Final Fantasy Fan-Site. Do those wealthy businessmen viewing your site want to disrupt you from your passion?

I think you should put the final fantasy on the work page, not the home page. I do feel you should include it, but it shouldn't be the first impression. Maybe on your Work page, you can divide it into two sections.

The first section should have all of your professional work. Explain thoroughly what you did, and how it helped whomever it's for.

The other section explaining how you love to do this web work, and the internet is your passion, you even develop for fun sometimes. Then under that you can have all your free volunteer work with community fan-sites for certain things. Everything has it's place.

It might subliminally state:
    "Hey! I'm here to do work first, but I also do large community work simply because I like to."

That's a good first impression in my opinion. Also, don't forget to strategically place calls to action.

This is all strictly intended for long-term help
  11. No Profile Picture

BETA works closely with our clients to address their needs and challenges.Together we translate ideas and goals into innovative solutions that are aesthetically pleasing,optimally functional, resource efficient and cost effective.BETA believes that the key to having a positive client relationship is to have continual and open communication between all parties.Each project is led by an experienced project manager who is committed to overseeing that the clients needs are met and to ensure customer satisfaction.

Social Media Optimization Company in India
  13. No Profile Picture

I unfortunately cannot view the site. It is not there.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo