1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

need feedback

need feedback on my site and the content of it. all positive and negative needed

Cheers
    Tom

html999 the site to be reviewed
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Thumbs up

I will start by the good stuff..

I like the flash animations...
    The layout is nice =)
    I like the interactivity where there are members and such. =)

Now the things that I dislike...
    Notice where it says Login or Register. It is in black and hard to read. A different color would be great.

Some things would be better to have graphics in place of the words. (yeah i know i love text graphics) but for somewhere like "welcome to html999.net" could be better if it was graphics made.

When you type in something, try making the important things in Bold Here is an example...

Today I have added 7 brand spanking new html tutorials.

Overall...

You have done a great job but can make some minor touch ups.

Hope this helps!
    http://www.thebluehedgehog.com/
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

thanks for the feedback will try to make those changes soon

Cheers
    Tom
  7. |<.+#f@#+.&.|
    Devshed Loyal (3000 - 3499 posts)

after the first glance, i have to say its too much disturbance, cut out the flash animations. just plain annoying, and without any purposes.

and there is too much empty space at the top, taking almost 1/3 of the page,
    that messagebox could have been placed somewhere else on the page.
    and very bad use of flash menu. first of all its flash, and second you have to mouseover to see what it is for.
    read this to see why its bad
    http://www.webpagesthatsuck.com/myst...avigation.html
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Some things that struck me...

That animation made me want to quit looking at the page. It's obtrusive, fast, blinky, and just.... distracting.

You are creating a website for HTML help. I guess this is a bit picky on my part, but you should really use HTML (Hyper Text Markup Language) if you want to come off as professional.

Those html lessons 1 2 ... 7 or whatever... I would never get that far. Those should give an indication of what the lessons contain, not just the numbers. If I was looking for help I'd move on to the next google result on seeing that.

Where do you sign the shoutbox? In Mozilla I see a lot of empty space, and if I click a lot my cursor goes somewhere in there, but there's no text - no explanation, nothing.

You've mispelled details. If you want to come off as a professional tutoring site (one that will teach you the *right* way, not the *error prone* way) you need to start off by having no grammatical/spelling errors, or people may dismiss you out of hand.

The ebay add in the right column is repeated twice down the column.

Twice in the right column you tell me how many people are logged in. If needed at all, it's definitely only needed once.

Again, I can not stress enough the importance of correct grammar and spelling. That includes punctuation.

It took me a really long time to figure out that thing next to the menu (that I didn't know was a menu, other than reading a previous post) was a clock. But in that regard I'm probably just dense. =)

The good things.. I like the color scheme, its easy to read. The navigation is clear and there appears to be good interactivity.

You should really populate the downloads section. =)

Thats enough for now, overall I think you have a good thing going, just needs some work to get fully 'there'.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Banner should fill in the gap at the top of page... Another thing would be to remove the flash banner that is in the first cell of the news. You obviously spend probobly an hour or two making it (if not less) but it is very distracting... especially if your going to put a banner at the empty space.

Personally I dont like the way the download page is made... Doesnt seem user friendly enough. =S
  13. Retired
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Looks OK, apart from teh previously mentioned banner.

Also when you move your mouse over sections of text, it changes size and the whole page shifts - don't like that. Changing text color is fine, but size change is a no-no for me.

Jamie
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

lol
    k
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

by the way im gettin rid of php nuke

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo