Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Finished Product

It is finally finished. Is it possible for anyone to go through and say what they think of the overall look of each of the following pages and include maybe one or two things I could do differently on css?

Index Page: kansasoutlawwrestling.com
    Roster Page: http://www.kansasoutlawwrestling.com/backstage/content.php?p=roster
    Bio Page: http://www.kansasoutlawwrestling.com/backstage/bio.php?username=rebel
    Champions Page: http://www.kansasoutlawwrestling.com/backstage/content.php?p=champions
    Title History Page: http://www.kansasoutlawwrestling.com/backstage/content.php?p=titlehistory
    Event Archives Page: http://www.kansasoutlawwrestling.com/backstage/content.php?p=archives
    Gallery Page: http://kansasoutlawwrestling.com/gallery/main.php

Some of the other pages just have a little text with queries attached to the page so nothing to critique on those. Thank you.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

The only things I can see right off are that your background cuts off on the right of the screen, and that you should add a favicon to the site.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Banner is pretty sweet.

The text is a bit too close to the kansas outlaw wrestling logo. And the fact that it wraps below for the last few words is a little annoying.

The welcome image doesn't line up with the left and right columns

I'd add some grunge to the hulk hogan image

For the "headlines" "rumors" and "columns" buttons, the text isn't vertically centered.

That's all I have. It has great potential.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

What do you all say about the Roster, Bio, Champions, Title History, Event Archives Pages?

Comments on this post

• Arty Ziff agrees : The drop-downs in the Nav are sweet.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Oh, I didn't even take the time to notice the navigation has a drop down function. The text is pretty hard to read on the drop down navigation: Consider putting in a background.

Rosters page is fine.

Champions page is a little dull.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Dull? And what about bio,title history, archives.
  13. No Profile Picture

Might just be me, but I have got a very badly scaled picture to the left hand side, it look's way taller than it should be.

Also there is another image which appears to be scaled slightly taller in the main index page.

The colors go very nicely together, and the graphics look sweet!

It is a shame the hover menu's stand out quite a bit, no chance of restyling them to background images or something and getting a similar effect like the main navigation links?

That would look awesome.
  15. No Profile Picture

I like the banner at the top, although I think the space between the top and bottom is a bit bare. You're doing the right thing in making sure there's nothing to distract from the important part: the text, and I think that if you've designed a banner like that, you should be able to add a tiny touch of flair somewhere

I like the menu buttons and how they're constructed, but maybe they could light up or change colour when I hover the cursor over them?

Not sure if you'll agree with me, but when I look at the text on the banner and the menu buttons, then move on to the actual text of the page...I feel the font of the text could perhaps be a bit different? This sort of thing is always up for different interpretations, and I think a subtle change in using a slightly more unusual font would make a striking difference.
  17. Registered User

I like it but you have a image that is disproportionate and too many of the same images on the front page.
  19. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I changed all my pages and info over to wordpress and wanted a few other looks at my page.

kansasoutlawwrestling.com
  21. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Much much better now. I like it. The colours are quite dark and intimidating, but then I'm a middle aged, conservative (with a small C!), man so hardly your target audience...

One thing, the image on the left of the homepage doesnt look right. Has it been stretched?
  23. Registered User

Originally Posted by mv5869
    Much much better now. I like it. The colours are quite dark and intimidating, but then I'm a middle aged, conservative (with a small C!), man so hardly your target audience...

One thing, the image on the left of the homepage doesnt look right. Has it been stretched?
    I would remove that whole image to the left, too many skulls and it's not sized right. Maybe put a banner or just get rid of it and add more navigation text links over there.
  25. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by dwhs
    I would remove that whole image to the left, too many skulls and it's not sized right. Maybe put a banner or just get rid of it and add more navigation text links over there.
    It is a place holder for pictures of my roster members but I"m trying to figure out what is the right size to make that image so that I'll look right with the rest of the page.
  27. Registered User

Oh cool, that will work well. The image is 180px 400px just make sure you have a image that size that goes there. Sorry if you already knew that. Really awesome design though!
  29. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

too dark

it looks nice but just seams to dark for me.
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo