1. DEVILS IN RED
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Football Website

Hi guys,

Created a football website with news, scores, videos, forums etc. I am basically a developer and not very good at graphic/web design. So please have a look and tell me where I can improve and what I should change.

Thanks in advance. The website is www.f4football.com
    Ahmed Shefeer
  3. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Shefeer
    Hi guys,

Created a football website with news, scores, videos, forums etc. I am basically a developer and not very good at graphic/web design. So please have a look and tell me where I can improve and what I should change.

The design is too bright/busy in my opinion. One simple change that would make a big difference is using a less saturated background - check out subtlepatterns dot com for some really good but subtle and repeatable web backgrounds. Your header already conveys the soccer/grass motif as do your bright gradient headers/footers.

Also, to make navigation easier, I might wrap the whole <li> in the link, or force the link to fill the entire <li>. Just a little pet-peeve of mine.

Comments on this post

• Shefeer agrees
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Right Rbq Design, Website is looking very dark with Green color. If you want to use Green color in your website so i would like to suggest you don't use in background. But Green color looking Good in top of the website.

You also using in a same color in Title of News that will not attract to visitors. I think you should have to take help of Web Designer. I think we can help you in this case if do you want to help about design so i think our design can help you. For more information visit on http://www.imensodigital.com/

Thanks
  7. No Profile Picture

I recommend adding meta tags for SEO, but the design looks great!
  9. DEVILS IN RED

Thanks for the comments.

@zomgmike
    Meta tags are there already. Do you mean any other specific meta tag that I am missing?
    Ahmed Shefeer
  11. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Shefeer
    Hi guys,

Looks terribly outdated. Use some other CMS. Mabe WP. Hire a professional designer. I couldn`t stay in this site longer than for a few seconds.
  13. No Profile Picture
    Banned

Your design and programming is good. Your Artile tab shows 404 error page which is not good for search engines and users as well. Please complete it and fix other pages showing page not found errors. Make internal links and also like Back to Home, Also read it :-----Read more at----- Read relted topic etc
    Also add some more categories into your forums positively so that more visitors could find their interested topic to make posts.
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Hi Shefeer,

I would use the bigger ad unit under the header, it would fill that ugly empty white space above the menu.

I would replace the email address with a contact form to avoid getting any spam in my inbox.
    All generalizations are false, including this one. Free hosting
  17. No Profile Picture

I agree with rbqdesign.
  19. No Profile Picture

Great work you have done .I like it.
  21. No Profile Picture

your website design is really good .great work you have done.
  23. No Profile Picture

I agree with brad2.
  25. No Profile Picture

I think it would be better if you can put your navigation at the top position of your website and add some hover effect to each navigation item. And for the homepage, I think you should at least list some interesting news or posts to attract your visitors but not only leave "welcome section" there.
  27. No Profile Picture

The website is good. Yet, honestly, since you are targeting a football lover. This website cannot suffice the 'adventure' that we, football lovers, may look after. Maybe you can add up videos on it, smashing football moves, interviews with football stars, tutorials just to energize the website.

Hope this help.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo