1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

http://24.58.85.60/virtualhangar/

Hey everyone. I have been working on this site as a redesign of my original (actually second redesign...this is the third version) at http://home.twcny.rr.com/virtualhangar/ . Most of the content that is up right now is just a space filler and some tests. THe weather and info pages are not up yet either, but i am just looking for some early on critique. I would really like to know more of what you think of the design and navigation aspects over spelling and grammer, etc. I am trying to focus mainly on general aviation, with some military and comemrcial, but not a lot. My previous site had all of it, and it was to broad of a topic for me to do. Well, i look forward to your ideas, critiques, insults, etc Thanks!!!
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Anyone? Thanks!
  5. No Profile Picture

I quite like it... its simple to navigate and is fairly easy on the eye... the colors go quite well together and all the content can be found without having to go through useless rubbish.

The only real thing that I dislike on the site is the "vote for us thing at the top of all the storys", I think it would look much better if that was not there and the page content was higher up instead.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

vote for us? lol I think you looked at the wrong one. You may have looked at the old design. The new one that i am trying to get suggestions and comments on is at http://24.58.85.60/virtualhangar/ Sorry about the confusions Thanks for any more comments, or suggestions!
  9. No Profile Picture

Whoops.... I did visit the wrong one, And after looking at the correct one you have definately done a good job improving it.

The color scheme is still really good and easy on the eye, the layout is still cool to, clean and simple yet really effective.

In the links section you have the links at the same height as "Please choose from one of the categorys on the left. Thanks!" dont you think that the categories my look better centered under that text intro.. The same goes for the articles section to.

Thats my opinion anyway.. at least this time its on about the right site.. well I hope!
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Well, with the articles, and links there are 2 reasons why i did that. The first was that i was trying to get a left hand sub navigation scheme going. Also, i used an iFrame in the middle so it doesn't have to load a whole new page for the different categories. I think that it might help with load times on 56k, but thanks for the comments...i really appreciate them, so keem 'em coming!
  13. No Profile Picture

I wasnt being to crital of the articles thing, It was just my opinion that they may look better centred.. or even dropped a little lower.. just so they are not on the same level as the header.

but congratulations on building a really really good site!
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I will give a try seeing what they look like dropped down some. Also, i just finished getting the weather section implemented, and the info page is coming along (what i have done is up now), so you can check those out as well. Thanks!!!
  17. No Profile Picture

cool!!!! I really like the weather module thingy... Would it be better to have you pick a coutry and then the area within that country all on the same page, I mean.. people visit sites for information... the easier it is for them to get the better!
  19. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

You are 100% right, but i have no idea how to have it do that. I downloaded somethin called phpWeather, and bassically it is a bunch of modules that get the weather. Supposedly you can customize it to anything you want, but i dont have that much experience with php coding...it took me about 2 hours to get it to cooperate with the rest of my page Thanks for the comments again, keep them coming...i really want to get this site just right
  21. No Profile Picture

Its not the end of the world that you dont know how to do that... it was just me being picky anyway.. it works fine the way it is!

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo