1. sardonyx quinx
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Tangcity, Comments please

I was asked by my Interviewer to evaluate this website. I have my own evaluation and I just want to hear your own comments in this website too.

http://tangcity.com

You may evaluate anything that you may wish. Source codes, navigation flexibility, graphics handling, technical issues, grammar reliability, etc...

Thank you for your incoming replies.
    Sardonyx Quinx
    Administrator, www.sardesigns.tk
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

hold marquee batman!
    the best veiwed commment....hmm...well...how bout you just lock the window at 800x600...that'll solve the resize issue....the secrets of success should maybe be scrollable. it's a pain to wait to read it...being a quick reader like myself i don't want to stick around to see it all....the "about" link doesn't seem to exist....thats all for now.
    cheers
    andrew
  5. Second highest poster :p
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

how bout you just lock the window at 800x600...that'll solve the resize issue
    That is a good way to annoy a lot of people visiting the site.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

but how? it's a happy medium to keep everything the way it should be veiwed. it's just going to appear smaller to some users.
    cheers
  9. Contributing User

WinXP, IE6.0, NS7.1, Opera7.0, 1152 x 864

1. Ok, first, I am not a big fun of websites that re-adjust their sizes; I'd like to re-adjust the size by myself if I have to. Besides, your site perfectly fits into the width 800. I don't see why you have to re-adjust the size.

hold marquee batman!
    I agree; marquee is out-dated.

3. Kind of slow when a page gets loaded for the first time, considering number of images and the amount of texts used. You might want to check. Maybe you can make some images smaller? Not the display size but file size? Maybe you can optimize the code?

4. If you navigate through, you should notice that the navigation bar slides a little. Check html and make sure that HTML for the navigation bar is exactly the same in every page.
  11. Big Daddy
    Devshed Beginner (1000 - 1499 posts)

You may evaluate anything that you may wish. Source codes
    We'd love to... Stop with the annoying little pop-up window upon right-click and we could!

Chris
    Pop, pop, fizz, fizz, oh what a relief it is!
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

The overall design looks pretty cool, and it's easy on the eyes. The colors are consistent with Chinese food, somehow...

And yes, I would ditch the resize. I've used this feature in the past and I gotta tell ya, people hate it. They feel like they're losing control...not good. I really don't think there's any reason to use it in this case if you really think about it.

The Franchise page's info is off center.

That would be cool if you had a nice footer to balance out the whole thing. It's like with a story, you have a strong header, strong body, and a strong close/footer. While this doesn't apply to all design, I think it would in this case. Even if the footer was simple and subtle (like a horizontal line with address/copyright info just below it), it would balance it out me thinks.

Good luck.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo