1. Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

http://www.ooen.net/

OOEN http://www.ooen.net/ is an education portal site focusing on online distance education; the site provides various resources including, online course, online degree, and college and university information. It is a full-featured online distance education site and it also hosts forums.

I'd like to ask for review on pretty much everything from design to accessibility to ... whatever you can think of. But please note that what's important to us is functionality; the main goal is not looking pretty(but if you find, what you think of, a serious design problem, please let us know). I'd appreciate any input.

Note: I will property define DOCTYPE in a couple of days.
    Last edited by stoli_whisky; June 9th, 2005 at 06:55 PM.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Clueless llama
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

Your site looks very nice to me. Very professional. As far as I can tell, the navigation and functionality are good to excellent.

The only criticism I might have is that the links are inconsistent across the application. The menu links underline and turn red when hovered over. The central menu links merely underline and on other pages the links don't do anything when hovered over. I would suggest picking one or two different types of actions and stay consistent. Maybe one type for the menu and another type for all other links in the app.
    ~Nemi

Before posting did you try:
    [ Javadocs | Google ]
  5. Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

I would suggest picking one or two different types of actions and stay consistent. Maybe one type for the menu and another type for all other links in the app.
    Thank you for the review and I will keep that in mind, as I work on the site. There are number of things that I should work on, but one of things I want to prioritize is sitemap. I received a comment on that and, well, apparently, it is not very well designed. Is there any comment on that? And of course, if there is any other comment on anything else, I'd greatly appreciate any comment, suggestion, and/or feedback.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo