1. Big Daddy
    Devshed Beginner (1000 - 1499 posts)

New site, not done, How is it?

Hi all,

I am new to the web world overall and wanted to know what you think about http://www.geocities.com/early_years_nh

Sorry it's on Geocities... The owner is really cheap (never even wanted a website) and certainly doesn't want to pay for hosting. The only reason I did it was because I told her I would make it for free for fun and practice. It's a simple site, but I think it's neat. What do you think? Should look good on all browsers, all screen sizes, all resolutions, but best above 1024x768. Thanks!

Chris
    Last edited by cjwsb; October 24th, 2003 at 08:09 PM.
    Pop, pop, fizz, fizz, oh what a relief it is!
  3. Big Daddy

No one has any thoughts? Is it that good? That bad?

Chris
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

The rollover effect is pretty cool...just what the little punk kids wanna see. Overall design and colors are pretty cool too.

I'd get it to work on smaller screen resolutions (640 x 480, 800 x 600) so you don't have a horizontal scroll bar on these setups. I think the standard is 800 x 600, so you might want to aim for that in the future. Better yet, set your width for 768 and you're golden.

Peace.
  7. Big Daddy

It looks weird at 800x600 and has horizontal scrollbars? Hmmm... I have tested it between 800x600 and 1280x1024 and had no horizontal scrollbars as low as a 15" LCD display. I will look into it, though. Thanks for the kind words and great suggestions, fellas!

Chris
    Pop, pop, fizz, fizz, oh what a relief it is!
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Actually, I just assumed it would have a horizontal scroll bar since you said it was made for 1024 x 768 and up.
  11. Junior Member

if i was the designer......i would make the central picture a bit smaller to make the first page coming up without any scroll.....
    about the rollovers on side bars, its not a good idea to change fonts on overs.......maybe just change color and underline of links on over cond.
    the centre pic is not of a good quality too.....you need to give fun sence, so mak eit a bit shrpened....

you odnt want a copy right, owner, designer note at the bottom of pages?
  13. Big Daddy

Vafa,

That was a main concern I had about the image on the main page. Actually, it was seriously resized down and cropped just to get it to where it is now! HA! I might do more.

I'll cetainly take your suggestions into account. Thanks!

Chris
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I really do think that it looks real nice for the topic you are making it on. i give ya two thumbs up and half of micheal jackson's nose! im tired can't review but if you raelly want to i will give you a nice honnest big muchacha review tomorow. *falls asleep on keyboard*

wellkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk *spits out the letter 'k'*

~Toodles
  17. Big Daddy

hehehee, I look forward to it!

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo