1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Interface design feedback

Hi,

I'm working on an interface for my new web company and would like your feedback. Basically, while I'm happy with the design, I don't know what to do about the area surrounding it. It looks odd if it doesn't have some sort of a border around it, or something to 'hold' it in place (kinda like a frame). Nahmean?

Here's the old design:
    http://www.groundedgroup.com/GG_Main.wtf
    As you'll see, it has a border, which makes it look aight, but I think it could look way better.

Here's the new design:
    http://ggroup.ungratefulgrandchild.c...faceToShow.jpg

And here's the new design with a frame I was messing with:
    http://ggroup.ungratefulgrandchild.c...ShowBorder.jpg

Any thoughts/design comments would be mighty appreciated. Thanks.
    Last edited by JHouse; October 24th, 2003 at 02:56 AM.
  3. No Profile Picture

I prefer the first link...the second one is an error page which will, in my opinion, be slightly less effective
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Whoops. Fixed.

Thanks for the feedback.
  7. Big Daddy
    Devshed Beginner (1000 - 1499 posts)

The sounds when hovering over a link are enough to make someone want to kill themselves... Highly annoying. I'd remove 'em. Other than that, very nice job!

Chris
    Pop, pop, fizz, fizz, oh what a relief it is!
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

What's up Chris,

Yeah, those are stock sounds. I just implemented the script (which came with the sound) to see if it worked. I'm thinking about sampling some of my skratches (I'm really into djing, more specifically skratching), and adding a different one to each menu option. I don't want people killing themselves though, so I'll probably bounce the end result back to you for further feedback.

BTW, thanks for the design compliments.
  11. Junior Member

i like the designs......
    and i dont see much difference in them .......its a smalll change i think.....
    i like the one with blue frames much better, gives a more logical sence from the owner to visitors......and the blue will increase the trusting feelings......

i dont like black backgrounds at all.....it gives a bad feeling when you want to make decissions......(my spelling is not good..:-))

even a dark grey i would preffer....specialy with that nice blue frame...changing to same dar grey will bold the header more.....
    to be honest, except the light grey background, i preffer the old design color schemes.....blue + ornage is good......maybe if mixed with that dark grey.....

for copy right. i would make it a bit smaller than what it is....and i would put the home link in most left side, instead of most left.

sorry if didnt help......
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Hi Vafa,

You really got me thinking about the black background, as I too believe colors can affect people. I want this to look as credible as possible...no second guesses...So yes, I might change it from black to blue, or dark grey or something.

I made the copyright and related info smaller, but it's on another design, not the first link.

I'm almost done with the design. I've been trying out a few different things, rollover ideas, and what not. I'm not totally happy with it all yet, but I will soon once I get some parts sorted out.

Thanks and take care.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo