1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Http://www.highartculture.com

Hello. I have been teaching myself how to build websites for a few months. So far I got a good bit of html, xhtml, and css figured out. I am currently trying to learn javascript and then php after that. Pretty much what I'm saying is I'm new at this.

Please check out my first website http://www.highartculture.com. It is for people to share their art, photos, literature, videos, and music. I want to eventually make it where people can register to become members and possibly make it kinda like a social site but I have not quite figured that out yet. So far I have share buttons so people can share whatever page they like best.

If anyone could give me some constructive criticism or good ideas to make my website better or more engaging it would be much appreciated! Thanks alot!
    Last edited by highartculture; June 9th, 2011 at 03:26 AM.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I think good idea to create such kind of the website. But if you want to attract the attention of people interested in high art culture you need to improve the design. I am not going to suggest you separate thing. I think you need to view some websites with a similar topic. You can visit davianart, it's the most popular resource among designers and photographers.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I actually have viewed deviant art and it did give me a few ideas on how to improve my site. I have searched for other sites like mine but they are few and far between. Deviant art is my biggest competition that I know of and they definitely have way more content and the site looks like it was built by someone who knew what they were doing. But there is a difference with my site and that is the lifestyle of the site. I don't really mention much throughout the site what kinda crowd i'm trying to gather but if you look around at what material is on the site you can pretty much figure it out.
    What kind of improvements would you suggest?

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo