1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

http://www.leenks.com

leenks.com

So, how do you think it looks?

I'm looking for any criticism on what's good on the site and ways to improve it.

Only thing i'm not interested in is w3c validation.
  3. ub0r 7r0|| flam3r

WHAT? Why aren't you interested in having correct markup?

BTW some text is waaayyyyy to small.
  5. No Profile Picture

Because it's nothing but trouble and achieves nothing (except maybe acceptance with nerds)
  7. ub0r 7r0|| flam3r

Originally Posted by kev82
    Because it's nothing but trouble
    Geogrpahy coursework is nothing but trouble yet I still do it. Many things require a bit of work, w3c compliance requires barely any especialy considering what you can get from it.
    and achieves nothing
    Not counting cross-browser compatibility, faster loading time, better consistency, a chance of Bobby aproval and compliance with section 508
    except maybe acceptance with nerds
    Like the nerds who judge the web standards awards and the nerds who might want to advertise on your site and the nerds on this forum. Incase you hadn't noticed, nerds rule the internet.
  9. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by the tree
    Geogrpahy coursework is nothing but trouble yet I still do it. Many things require a bit of work, w3c compliance requires barely any especialy considering what you can get from it. Not counting cross-browser compatibility, faster loading time, better consistency, a chance of Bobby aproval and compliance with section 508Like the nerds who judge the web standards awards and the nerds who might want to advertise on your site and the nerds on this forum. Incase you hadn't noticed, nerds rule the internet.

Yeah, well... I'd guess 95% of nerds don't care about w3c standards, although this forum might be the wrong crowd do whine about them.
    My site looks the same in 99.9% of the browsers that look at the site (ie, mozilla, konqueror, safari) and it's got a fast load rating at alexa.

IMO w3c compliance is overrated and not that important.
  11. ub0r 7r0|| flam3r

Maybe it's not that important but it's not like it'd take that long to make it valid, Tidy validated it perfectly strait off, IMHO I think not taking three seconds out to run Tidy is just plain lazy.

So back to your site, now that I'm actualy looking at your code, you've used tables, thats no good at all and as I already said, some teaxt is way to small.
  13. No Profile Picture

Thanks for your comments.

The site was first using a tableless design (validated!) but that was giving me incompatibility with browser no matter what I tried to do. f.e. would it look 100% ok in mozilla but way off in ie...

Since 80% of my visitors don't use standards (they use ie), I think it's a bit silly to try to go after the last 20% and make it 100% standards compatible.
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

dude, can you pick a third color? i dont mean to be rude, but thats ugly as hell
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by the tree
    Geogrpahy coursework is nothing but trouble yet I still do it. Many things require a bit of work, w3c compliance requires barely any especialy considering what you can get from it. Not counting cross-browser compatibility, faster loading time, better consistency, a chance of Bobby aproval and compliance with section 508Like the nerds who judge the web standards awards and the nerds who might want to advertise on your site and the nerds on this forum. Incase you hadn't noticed, nerds rule the internet.
    there a different kind of nerds i must add... i'm a nerd no argue there, but i havent been always... i'm a nerd because i have found interest in computers and thats all... "a nerd is some one devoted to some interest!" that said... i like to code so i get the least errors/warnings on w3 but if it gets to much in my way i ignore it... and faster load times... who need ms anyway... code the way you like and if people dont like it then dont use it, plain and simple...

btw, why is it hard to respect a persons request to ignore any w3 errors anyway ?

ps: sorry for the kinda off topic....

ups: forgot to write my comments... *Hehe*... you have to change the background the two colors are conflicting and making my eyes hurt, dim the BGcolor a little, or choose a darker color...
    I would also suggest that you make a margin on the right col. so that the text dont touch the border of the browser, and inlarge the text size aswell, even though its com stuff its almost impossible to read, and i have good eyesight, and a 19' screen..
    just my 2 cents.. ;O)

frank/
  19. No Profile Picture

" TEXT COLOR " is not very eye catchy!!!! doesn't go with
    white background
  21. No Profile Picture

Ummm... what exactly is the point of your site? Do people really need help with finding trash?
  23. ub0r 7r0|| flam3r

Course they do, ever since I got adblock, the web seems so much more boring.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo