Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Talking http://www.logomaid.com

Hi guys,

We got a new logodesign project called www.logomaid.com.

I would appreciate if someone could take a look at it and tell me what he thinks.
    There is always place to make it better..so any suggestions are welcome.

Someone told me there is too much green I don't think so though.

Greetings,
    Jan
  3. au courant

Looks good. I don't think there's too much green either. Just enough to accentuate itself from top to bottom.

The only suggestion I have for you is maybe throwing some animation on your buttons. A mouse over or click change would be good, something as simple as a brightening or change in color would do.

Nice logos you've done so far too, g'luck.
  5. Looking for something to do
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

Originally Posted by MaxM
    Looks good. I don't think there's too much green either. Just enough to accentuate itself from top to bottom.

The only suggestion I have for you is maybe throwing some animation on your buttons. A mouse over or click change would be good, something as simple as a brightening or change in color would do.

Nice logos you've done so far too, g'luck.
    I really like the green,, its a good contrast. And I also agree with MaxM you should have some mouseover or something on the menu.

Good luck with the site.
    Kenped
  7. No Profile Picture

Hi there,

You are right, we'll need to add some onovers...also the buttons will be fully clickable, at this moment is just the text active.

I guess, we'll need to work on the search engine optimizations too...
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

It looks very professional, not too much color, yet enough to make it look good.
  11. No Profile Picture

search engines

Hi,

Does anyone know what should we do in order to get higher in se? We got a valid xhtml, metatags; we'll be adding h tags...anything else we can do?

Thanks
    Jan
  13. Looking for something to do
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

Originally Posted by LogoMaid.com
    Hi,

Does anyone know what should we do in order to get higher in se? We got a valid xhtml, metatags; we'll be adding h tags...anything else we can do?

Thanks
    Jan
    Search the Search Engine opt... Forum on devshed it has loads of tips on the issue
    Kenped
  15. No Profile Picture

Thanks,

Also any idea how to get it into dmoz? They added just one of our sites...not sure why

Jan
  17. No Profile Picture

I know you haven't replied to your replica thread at CodingFourms, but I would desperately suggest you follow their advice before worrying about listings.

In other words, you are aware it does not render correctly for a great many users - you even say so yourself in the other thread. Text overfolows to one messy blob. In other parts, text overfolows but then is cut off.

Your first priority should be making sure it is readable. Get it to validate as much as you like - it does not change the fact many users cannot view it properly.

Meh, it's up to you. You've know people can't view it properly for some days now and all you want to do is get it listed.
  19. No Profile Picture

Hi,

Well, it's not really up to me, I am not the programmer. We know about the problem at linux, but first of all we wanted to make sure it works correctly at explorer, mozilla, opera, netscape 6.x etc. Linux with it's 96dpi fonts is a problem, I know..and we try our best to fix it..but the only way to fix it is to assign smaller fonts for linux machines.

Cheers,
    Jan
  21. No Profile Picture

Ahh, I didn't realise you were not the programmer.

Looking at the css, I would say the main problem you have (and pass this on if you want) is that the majority of your divs have a set height. There is generally no reason for a div that contains text to have a set height.

Anyone who uses a larger font i.e. the many people who have eyesight problems or those with huge screens, (there are many other reasons why someone would use a different size font) causes the text to overflow the div and be unreadable.

This will also happen in windows, btw.

An exaggerated example is here:

<div width: 280px; height: 10px;>
    <p>loren ipsum loren ipsum loren ipsum loren ipsum loren impsum loren ipsum loren ipsum loren ipsum loren ipsum loren ipsum loren impsum loren ipsum loren ipsum loren ipsum loren ipsum loren ipsum loren impsum loren ipsum</p>
    </div>

You can see, even if you don't design it yourself, that the text would not fit into the div.

That is what is happening to your site. If you removed the unecesary height paramater for the text divs, it will extend to incorporate all the text, no matter what size the font it is.

There really is absolutely zero reason why a site would not work 'because someone uses Linux' or more accurately, becasue someone does not use IE (if you did not know, the site has been designed specifically for IE, try it in Firefox or Opera, change the font and have a look), and don't let the designer tell you any different! If he/she insists on using set heights for text divs, then I, personally, would seriously consider if they really knew what they were doing. Designing a site for IE only is a bad idea these days.

This should, in all honesty, be a basic for a designer. Naturally, you won't be able to get every single permutation of users catered for, but a basic 'what if...' should be part of the design. Impossible to get any accurate figures, but a lot of people use their own font sizes and different browsers - firefox/opera, etc.

Just food for thought as I think you have a nice idea for the site

Comments on this post

• SimonGreenhill agrees
  23. No Profile Picture

Exclamation

I having problems with this company about enganous marketing

n7662
    Price: $29 Add to Favorites
    Formats: CDR, EPS, PNG, JPEG
    Fonts: Included in the package
    License: Non Exclusive Logo Design
    Resolution: Any / Vector

Customization: Available
    selling files that in announce say CDR, but after buyes, not have any CDR formata, currently they not want refund money I have purchased two times some logo, but never cdr file has incoming and company not answer outr email, this an avise, we post here the end of this history.... I update latter with more info about anothers user like me that is with this problem.

regards
  25. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

it looks good
  27. No Profile Picture

updating info:

Company says that can refund, but not more answers, and not refunds......(not yet)
  29. No Profile Picture

now as company requested I am Paying USD38,00 for make this logo in an vector way logo in CDR, wating the vector file...
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo