1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Some ideas please...

Please take a look at http://tinyurl.com/c7erot

- What to improve?
    - Some Features/Tools ideas? (to bring more customers)

I am thinking implementing "My Tree" - so members can upload blogs, pictures, video, and?

Can you can provide list of ideas... that would be great!

Thanks

Comments on this post

• Weekend Coder agrees
  3. Eager to learn
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

The site looks good to me. Only problem I have is that I have to scroll that much to get the information I need.
    "Quality of responses may vary. I reserve the right to change my mind for any reason what-so-ever without admitting I was wrong. I'd prefer to change your mind however, it's easier on my ego". - jwdonahue

"so no-one has actually bothered to post an original quote ? what's wrong with making up your own?"
    - marnixR
  5. No Profile Picture

I really liked your site. The green menu headers kinda hurt my eyes cause they were alittle dark and my eyes had to 'adjust' to them because of the background color.

But other than that. I liked it. Great job!

Comments on this post

• Weekend Coder agrees
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

The header logo and background colors are good... but I think you could have pushed it a little and had more/bigger leaves.

I have to agree with the comment about scrolling... you don't need that much stuff on the homepage.

The layout of the items in your store is very nice. Good job!

You seem to have done a great job with SEO too.

However, your site is far from W3C compliant.
  9. guru
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

hey,

nice site but:

1) Id change the background gradient... dark green to white really hurst my eyes. probably chnage the white to a lighter green or change the dark green to the light green used in your site.

2) Remove the clutter or at least make them part of the side bar. Things like Twitter links etc can easily be incorporated into the sidebar they dont really make up your main content?

3) consistency - Half the main content titles e.g. Green Wedding Gifts have leaves in the top right some don't

other then that good job!

Ed
    Create, Inspire & enjoy
  11. Contributing User

I think that the site looks nice. With today being mothers day, your mothers day products should be highlighted. If you did this for all applicable holidays it would be very good for the website.
    http://www.minnowwebdesign.com - Web Design for the small business and non-profits.
  13. No Profile Picture

Tree Site

Good work on the SEO side of things mate - PR 5, nice job. How long you had this site up for?

I have a couple of things i might change about the site:

The bg is too strong. If anything the bg should make you look to the content - not draw your eyes away from the content. As edfollet said. If you want to use that colour then fine, just use a much lighter tint. I would also put a 2px white border around the main content and a soft subtle drop shadow down both sides, to re-enforce its distinction from the bg.

I think the rounded corners draw too much attention to themselves and make the page look busy. Either subtle them up or loose them. Personally i think you need more white space on the page.

My main criticism is the main nav. I failed to notice it for 30 seconds. The three buttons need to look like buttons. I would put two more buttons in the main nav and export some of the home page content to these new page, thus freeing up some white space.

Other than that i would perhaps just polish the site a little... For example, a very subtle tint of green running along the lower half of the main nav.

Remember, anything below the fold on your homepage isn't going to get much attention - people want to click.

Overall making your site attractive encourages people to look at it. With all your SEO efforts now work on conversions. Good look mate.

Comments on this post

• Skipt agrees : Meh. What the hell..
  15. No Profile Picture

I like it a lot.

That being said, there is definitely too many items on the front page when you arrive at the site. Maybe make the sections below the first one 'roll-up' into their headers so that they are there, and more visible with less scrolling, yet the user does not have to scroll forever to get to the bottom one.

The white bar (Tree Gifts, Occasion Gifts, Conservation Gifts) just looks like an image. without mousing over it the user has no idea it is even links. Adding breaks between the links or something to make them look like a menu or buttons would really help.

There probably ought to be a 'Home' link available too, but since the logo links back, that is a smaller thing.

Really a nice site though. Do you ship to the US?
  17. No Profile Picture

That gradient in the background needs to change... it's not easy on the eyes, and doesn't change smoothly from green to white.

Try lightening up the green. The massive steals attention away from your products.

And keep info on your home page to a minimum. Highlight your best products to grab buyers.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo