1. Contributing User
    Devshed Intermediate (1500 - 1999 posts)

IMySQLadmin - http://www.imysqladmin.com

Hi,

This is to all people with an iPhone (or have access to Safari/Chrome).

Out of necessity I have been building a MySQL administration tool for the iPhone so I can manage an important database wherever I am. I decided that it would be good to open it up so that others could use it.

So, please take a look:
    http://www.imysqladmin.com

You can access it directly via an iPhone, or if using Safari/Chrome you need to click the iMySQLadmin link under resources on the desktop site (lower left).

Let me know your thoughts regarding ease of use; what features would be good to have; and also whether you'd recommend it to others.

The design of the desktop site is also up for opinion, including colours, layout, wording... everything basically.

Thanks
  3. guru
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

Site looks good and definitely has the usability of a typical Iphone app. well done.

My only comment is how likely people are going to use your service to store their username and passwords. I take it these are stored on your server somewhere?

I can't see any info about the security of this info. I did create a test user and tried it out and found it very good and useful... few things though..

1) I couldnt work out how to edit existing entries in the table. i would click the > next tot he row expecting it to open the row for editing or a list of options?

Will you be charging to use this? or will it be something users can install onto their own servers?

Ed
    Create, Inspire & enjoy
  5. Contributing User
    Devshed Intermediate (1500 - 1999 posts)

Thanks for the feedback.

I've given people the option to store passwords to their servers or not. If they are worried about security then they can choose not to do so. If people choose to have their password stored then yes, it is stored in a database on the iMySQLadmin server. I will look into adding some information about the security aspects.

To edit data you go to the table and select 'view data', then select the row of data you wish to edit and this will bring up a form. I have just tested it and I see that it may not work unless you press the top half of the data record. Please try it again and let me know if it works when you press the top half.

There's no plan to charge for the service. I may in future provide it as a solution to download and install, however that does tend to result in out of date versions...
  7. guru
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

hey

sorry for such a slow response.

Tried it again and loved it! Tried it from my iphone and it works like a charm. Well done!

I would definitely be interested in downloading something like that on my server to access my own Databases etc. I would feel a lot more comfortable using the product that way being in full control.
    Create, Inspire & enjoy

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo