1. Expert Debugger
    Devshed Beginner (1000 - 1499 posts)

Online bookmarking application

folks,

I recently updated the website urlsave.net would like to know your reviews about the application.

Thanks,
    Sarav
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

The bad: Hmm... Pretty bland. And a 'floppy' in the logo? A little dated. I know that it's still commonly used as a 'save' icon, but perhaps update the logo to represent how it's currently used, perhaps like a line drawing of the floppy.

CHECK YOUR GRAMMAR AND SPELLING! I find this trend to be troubling. I've been doing critiques for the last couple of hours and I've had the same thing to say regarding at least three sites. I see things that are incorrect and I feel like RUNNING from the site. Not proofing your site unprofessional. And if you don't have a solid grip of the English language, get someone to help, even if you have to pay for it.

It's pretty copy-heavy.

The Good: It's clean and well-organized. I like the color scheme, and it remains consistent.

Comments on this post

• sarav_dude agrees
  5. Expert Debugger
    Devshed Beginner (1000 - 1499 posts)

Thanks for the critics.

I am going to update all the help section pages, make sure that Grammar and spellings are correct. I will be changing the homepage and make the current homepage to the help section and on homepage provide video in order for user to get started with the application.

Originally Posted by bigsilk
    It's pretty copy-heavy.
    I really did not understood this pointer of yours.

P.S. I am working on this application regularly and trying to make it better, I want it to be best the online bookmarking application, very user friendly and useful.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by sarav_dude
    Thanks for the critics.

I am going to update all the help section pages, make sure that Grammar and spellings are correct. I will be changing the homepage and make the current homepage to the help section and on homepage provide video in order for user to get started with the application.

I really did not understood this pointer of yours.

P.S. I am working on this application regularly and trying to make it better, I want it to be best the online bookmarking application, very user friendly and useful.
    As for it being 'copy-heavy,' I mean to say that there is a lot to read on the home page and not much to look at. I feel that a successful web page is attractive and informative. Information is important, but sometimes too much of a good thing is not so good. Just my opinion.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Too much to read..maybe consider links to some things like what your sites benefits are? Just a suggestion..

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo