1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Please review http://beta.bambamslam.com.

Hello , This is a video community Portal.
    The website is tie-up with various Bars in US. Any one can upload his/her video by performing at bar. The videos are uploaded via Kiosk situated at individual bar ( Locations).

The website has a gaming zone called Slamming where each user can rate each others video & continue to go in advanced round. the winner is rewarded by $'s.

I would appreciate if you can provide view points to me.

Suggestions are welcome.
  3. guru
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

hey,

love the idea... sounds like a lot of fun and could retain a captive audience

As for the design:

Main Page

What ever the main image is on the front page it doesnt load for me! With that in mind id say you'd probably need to move the 4 buttons (contest / Performers / locations / sign up) to be above the page fold (so its on screen as soon as you load the page). These are probably the most important links on your site so it makes sense that people can see and access these quickly without looking around for them)

These 4 buttons also need a little work on the graphical side. The lettering on it looks very graney and quite dated. I like the back grounds with the stars but the fonts IMHO do not need a gradient. Try them as pure whie with a 1 or 2 px border.

Still on the front page im not sure what valule the sillouette (cant spell) of the people offers. As i havent een the main image on the page i'd personally suggest moving this picture just before the 4 buttons. Its small enough and relevant enough for your site so that all the content ****s upwards as per the first point about the page fold.

The Advertisemnt on the main page exceeds its placement... either cut down the size of the advert (width wise) or make the main column larger by about 10px

Navigation: The side navigation is pretty easy to use however because undr BROWSE USER there are additional options, as a user I expect if i click on browse videos there to be a sub menu with additional options and the additional options for BROWSE USER to dissapear.

Top Navigation: Where yo login the background colour of the dark greeny blue doesnt match the background behind that of black (the one with the stars at either end). I sugges you pick which one you prefer and change it so they match.

Hope this helps

Ed
    Create, Inspire & enjoy
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

there are a lot of CSS and HTML errors shown through validation.

Good Luck!
    Judy
  7. No Profile Picture

Very nice. It love it.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo