Thread: Recent Redesign

1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Recent Redesign

Hello,

I recently redesigned my site: http://www.zentiments.com and would appreciate any comments or suggestions.

TIA!
  3. // no comment
    Devshed Intermediate (1500 - 1999 posts)

i like it. very simple and elegant.

here's some suggestions:
    - make the flower thingie on the left smaller and make the content area a bit bigger. i know you dont have a lot of content but the flower thing is just way too big IMO.
    - in your portfolio, why don't you try putting the prev/next navigation in the graphics button instead of text links at the bottom. plus the next and prev links is reversed. much better if you could reverse the position.
  5. No Profile Picture

Neat and crisp.

1. However, since you are into selling your service, I feel that you need to do little more talking about what you have to offer, things like that. I found the content a little too less.
    2. The big flower image is made up of squares. the moment I entered the site, I got the feeling that each of these squares were links. And I somehow expected the appearance of the square to change to take me someplace.
    3. Some of the squares have a rounded edge , some do not. No sure if it was intentional.
  7. Retired
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Nice Being hyper clitical, some of teh red images overlap the grey boxes (Firebird browser), but I like the site.

Jamie
  9. Proud Member

Simple, neat and elegant. A treat to the eye

I think you need to interchange the order of the 'Next' and 'Prev' links.
  11. No Profile Picture
    No. 4

gotta agree that it looks great!

i suppose you could reduce the size of the flower to include more text, but then again it is said that a picture is worth a thousand words.....

portfolio section works well - only thing i would say is that i agree with the poster who suggested that you integrate previous and next as buttons in the graphic itself

i think in this case - less is definately more!

jim
    On a nationwide tour - back next year as champions.
  13. No Profile Picture

I think your site looks really nice, a simple and clean design.
    Only criticism I can think of is that the 'about' page sounds a bit funny, as though you are talking about yourself in the third person which comes across badly. I'd probably just rewrite it in the first person.
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

you should use photshop and make the flower image into just some cool mouse over effects and round all the the edges. the red inside the boxes overlaps sometimes, but other than that stuff it's cool.
  17. No Profile Picture

Red and orange are my two "no no" colors when it comes to design.

However, you have done a great job using red. I have always hated "red" sites until I saw yours.

My only thought is that you are using the same red on the entire design. It might be easier on the eyes if you varied the shades of red a little. Logo integrity is key, but perhaps some of the secondary uses of red could benefit from a slight hue change.

It looks great!
  19. No Profile Picture
    contains a pressurised widget

this is beautiful. it's simple and i like that. however, i want the sixteen squares that make up the flower to do something. it looks nice, but it cries for some functionality.

i don't like to contradict suggestions made by others, but please.. no mouse-over effects. mouse-over effects are generally only cool the first time. and i'm sure you hope for your visitors to come by more than once.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo