March 12th, 2009, 08:04 AM
In my opinion the site looks very dated. The images used like the duck look like XP icons which are fom a generation ago.
The images are very grainy and need smoothing out...
The white and orange font under the animated image onthe main pge gives me a headache while trying to read it.... i think spacing that out better will help
The four main areas of your site which you advrtise (Web Design / Computers / Printing and marketing) don't stand out enough / distinguish them selves enough from each other. It may be worth putting them in different colour boxes with a nice gradient / gel like affect.
Create, Inspire & enjoy
March 16th, 2009, 03:30 PM
First, HOWDEE! I'm in Tacoma as well.
* The curved menu on left needs work, the edges fluctuate from smooth to sharp. I think the problem is image anti-aliasing. Perhaps the image resolution needs to be dinked with.
* I think the "Web sites start at..." balloon is slightly tacky. I stay away from pillow embossing with large corner radius, it's sooooo 1995.
* Reevaluate your font choice for the slogan "Technology Made Simple". I'm *not* against handwriting fonts, but again, the one you chose is... so 1995.
* Bullet list: Try out some different simple bullets. Maybe checks.
* Flash is appropriate. Many people dislike Flash based on misuse. But the reality is that a plugin requirement is irrelevant, everyone has Flash except a few "hard core" code monkeys. Your target customer almost certainly has Flash. *BUT* have you designed in Flash detection so that people without Flash degrade to a static image? Not hard to do...
Here's my favorite free font site: dafont.com
Overall, I like the direction.
Last edited by Arty Ziff; March 16th, 2009 at 03:34 PM.