1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Thumbs up Redesign of www.akawebdesign.com

Hey everyone,

I decided it was time to redesign my online portfolio in hopes of attracting more freelance development work.

Current site: http://www.akawebdesign.com
    Redesign : http://dev.akawebdesign.com

I'm still working on the content, but the idea is to advertise my skills as a software designer (using AJAX). I'll be adding more projects to the 'portfolio' section, but you'll basically see the idea I'm shooting for.

I'm also thinking about putting a Silverlight animation at the top (where my logo is), but I haven't had time to design it yet.

I appreciate all feedback - in fact, I'm looking forward to it. Thanks!!!
  3. No Profile Picture

I like the newer design more than the current because its just more cool to me. Good job on it.
  5. Contributing User

Would the navigation pane on the left be part of the new site? If so I don't really like that for a non technical user.

Also, on portfolio I didn't see the pictures of the sites you've done. Maybe I missed something?

Thanks,
    Minnow
    http://www.minnowwebdesign.com - Web Design for the small business and non-profits.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

The new navigation could use some work in my opinion. It gives me the feel of an ftp sort of setup and a lot of people that are coming to you for work are doing so because they lack advanced skills with the internet. I think you will lose or scare off potential clients unless you do something about that. The overall approach on the new one is better than the older site.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Yea, the navigation tree can be confusing to the Internet non-addicts. I'd keep the left menu bar/pane, whatever you'd call it but get rid of the button that hides/shows it, however I'd keep the vertical effect of the menus.

But, I hope this isn't the final design!
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

I have NoScript installed and your site didn't work... os your site needs javascript turned on in order to view it? Might mean search engines don't pick anything up either

How do you link to a particular page from outside your site? Google won't index your site well, if at all.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo