Thread: Review my site!

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Review my site!

Check out my site and let me know what you think...

http://www.bkriegtech.net

Aspects to focus on are why business seems slow, does this have to do with the layout? What could I improve to make customers keep browsing the site? (Avg time on site is 60-90 seconds).

And anything else you can think of...

Thanks!
  3. No Profile Picture

Yeah the color scheme is aweful. I'd be fine with the background if you could create a better scheme for the content area color. Grey as a background for the content is definetly a wrong move. Try white as the content background color + maybe a faded effect for the farthest background?

The words in the logo are very contracting. The shadow within the letters are overcompensating. Make the shadow more subtle and you'll get the effect you'll need.

Green also doesn't work for some of the text colors. I'd suggest Trying to work with the blue you already have and see what you can come up with
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

Check out some competition and see what's different about their site. Put a focus on why a company would want to utilize you instead of having an in-house server, etc....
  7. Contributing User

Color scheme.... So stick with a white content background, border around that, and change green to blue?

As far as other sites and competing, I already outlined the advantages to each plan genre.
  9. guru
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

Hey,

I'd have to agree with the posts that have come prior to this... check out some competition and see how they are doing it.

one hosting comapny i use (www.krystal.co.uk) have a very simple but straight to the point website that looks modern, clean and very intuitive whereas when i visit your site it looks very dated.

Personally from a consumers point of view I wouldntuse your services as it looks unprofessional and dated. basically the exact opposite from what a company in this industry should look like. Id lack confidence in your ability to mange my sites when your unable to manage your own!

The things id change:

1) The background
    I do not like the textured back ground it makes the site look cluttered. maybe use white or a very slight gradient. The current colour doesnt work with the background colour of the content

2) Logo/ company name- Change the colour to a darker blu as (in my eye) its way to bright to be sat with the grey around it. drop it down about 20 - 40px so its in the middle of the white banner (basically so the weight of the banner is equal).. or alternatively add a slogan under your company name

3) Padding or a border on the main content
    For the actual centered content which includes the header and detail i would add a 10px padding so that where the background meets the content

4) Font
    I'd change font used for the content and sub menu to match to one you have used in the main navigation

5) Images
    Besides from the picture of the computer with the E on it there doesnt seem to be anything else supporting your services. Even though your offering web services pictures of proffessional people or something like that aid in providing a professional image and a point where your customers can relate

6) Services
    The services you offer on your main page (Shared / Dedicated / Reseller) need to stand out more. Put themin a div and wack a border round them or something.

7) Sales
    Moving on from point 6 you need to market your core services successfully on your main page above the fold (where the bottom of the page is when it is loaded) so that the customer knows what you are about. Try and lead them to your hosting packages

I hope my comments help

Thanks

Ed
    Create, Inspire & enjoy
  11. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by edfollett
    Hey,

I'd have to agree with the posts that have come prior to this... check out some competition and see how they are doing it.

one hosting comapny i use (www.krystal.co.uk) have a very simple but straight to the point website that looks modern, clean and very intuitive whereas when i visit your site it looks very dated.

Personally from a consumers point of view I wouldntuse your services as it looks unprofessional and dated. basically the exact opposite from what a company in this industry should look like. Id lack confidence in your ability to mange my sites when your unable to manage your own!

The things id change:

1) The background
    I do not like the textured back ground it makes the site look cluttered. maybe use white or a very slight gradient. The current colour doesnt work with the background colour of the content

2) Logo/ company name- Change the colour to a darker blu as (in my eye) its way to bright to be sat with the grey around it. drop it down about 20 - 40px so its in the middle of the white banner (basically so the weight of the banner is equal).. or alternatively add a slogan under your company name

3) Padding or a border on the main content
    For the actual centered content which includes the header and detail i would add a 10px padding so that where the background meets the content

4) Font
    I'd change font used for the content and sub menu to match to one you have used in the main navigation

5) Images
    Besides from the picture of the computer with the E on it there doesnt seem to be anything else supporting your services. Even though your offering web services pictures of proffessional people or something like that aid in providing a professional image and a point where your customers can relate

6) Services
    The services you offer on your main page (Shared / Dedicated / Reseller) need to stand out more. Put themin a div and wack a border round them or something.

7) Sales
    Moving on from point 6 you need to market your core services successfully on your main page above the fold (where the bottom of the page is when it is loaded) so that the customer knows what you are about. Try and lead them to your hosting packages

I hope my comments help

Thanks

Ed
    Very well spoken and all great points!
  13. Blowing up trees with my mind.
    Devshed Loyal (3000 - 3499 posts)

also, a portfolio would help
  15. Contributing User

Well design is not my main function; so a folio wouldn't be a huge help since most customers have internal developers, we just fine tune some things.

As far as the layout, I've redone a few things. Check it out...
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

yeah The logo is extremely hard to see.

You also would benefit from some images, icons, illustrations, for your content. Use more colors, then just grey!
  19. Contributing User

I fixed up the logo a bit, added a border around the content area. Not sure what else I can do. Maybe some specifics would be good!
  21. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Agree with others on colors - the grey is too dark and unappealing.

Free up some space to make the content stand out better,a nd have more important info

Dont have two sets of navigation - especially when some of it repeats - (Contacts Us)

You state Web Design - but there is no portfolio

Good Luck!
  23. Contributing User

Well a simple start.. what should the content bg be (There's a new main background and a couple other changes... www.bkriegtech.net is the link again)
  25. Meatball Surgeon
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

Yeah, the colors are DRAB, I would also decrease the size of your font on your pricing.

edit: lol, nevermind the font size, i found i accidently increased the size in IE.
    Three gigs for the secretaries fair
    Seven gigs for the system source
    Nine gigs for the coders in smoky lairs
    One disk to rule them all, one disk to bind them
    One disk to hold the files, and in the darkness grind'em
    ---------------------------------------------------
    It is by caffeine alone that I set my mind in motion.
    It is by the beans of Java, that my thoughts acquire speed.
    The hand acquire shakes; the shakes become a warning.
    It is by caffeine alone that I set my mind in motion.
  27. No Profile Picture

Grey with grey for the content = hard to read. grey is good on the background outside the content area on a fixed width site but not in the content area.

Also i reakon you need to increase the font size (font tags? i will leave that) on the second navigation.

Oh i like the favicon
  29. Contributing User

K so like I asked, any bgcolor suggestions?
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo