1. The Signal:: It's everywhere!
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

Skipts website www.devwebsites.com is a SHAM!

Sham: an imitation or counterfeit purporting to be genuine
    Skipt, when I saw your 'new' site design, I thought it looked better than before and I was thoroughly impressed. I thought that maybe you did have an eye for design and were coming around to some natural talent...

Then I saw your newly added css and imagery and was even more impressed, but I knew it couldn't be your work! It was to much of a dramatic change from your old to the new!

And as I had assumed, you copied your design, layout, css and html from someone else site and claim it to be yours!

Skipt, Utterly disgusting! Seriously! I've seen sites engage in some elements the same as others, but to completely copy someone else's site and then ask the users here for critiques on it, is a new low, even for you. Even your home page and about text closely resembles the other site! Geezuss man!

Skipts Site(he has since changed it): http://www.devwebsites.com/index
    Copied Site: http://www.branded07.com/

I know I'll probably get some flack from users who like Skipt and give him his, 'balance rep' but being a designer, I find what he did completely disrespectful to the original designer.

Web designers are creative and unique, you are neither! You copy and take! Do yourself a favor and stop posting stuff until you actually create something on your own. Where you spent countless hours working on the layers, guides, colors and layout. Went through multiple revisions until you found something you finally thought was presentable to the others.

Change your site Skipt or get permission from Rob Palmer to use his design. In your previous thread, I wasn't saying you are worthless, but now I am!

And before you can respond and say you never said it was your own, here's a quote from the previous thread
    i truly feel this is the best design I have ever done or seen.

Comments on this post

• ryon420 agrees : Eric's site is a shamwow?
    • Ronster agrees : Actually, he has taken the site offline. Must have felt guilty?
    • Arty Ziff disagrees : Moron.
    • Ebot agrees
    • janusz-jasinski agrees : What a joke!
    Check out my Blog site if you want a good laugh, Google travelingwebguy or..
    The Official TravelingWebGuy
    Business site => New Blog Site
  3. Eager to learn
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

I dont know what crack your smoking, but the only thing I have based my design off of is the sidebar, which I dont even know how you found the URL, considering its in a seperate articles folder, I have since updated that URL to redirect also.

In case you didnt bother to ask me, I do have permission to use the design from the sidebar, the favorites and inspiration (which I probably didn't even need to ask, considering that is not a unique design idea), and the gradient bg image (again, didn't need to ask, but did anyway) as long as I make my own images, which I did and can show you the original Fireworks file before I flattened them. AND I can show you the email saying it was ok for me to use it.

Or shall I post the email right now and embarass you? In case you folks at home were wondeirng what this design is, its at http:/www.devwebsites.com/index2. Besides the sidebar, favorites and inspiration, and content bg, I'm not seeing the similarity

But thanks for saying I'm a good designer now

Comments on this post

• ryon420 disagrees : Go away
    • Ronster disagrees : Having "permission to use it", and claiming "the design as your own" is two different things. Did you design it or not? Sounds like the answer is NO!
    • sir_drinxalot disagrees : I agree with those above me, and also call rules of the internet #22 and #23 - Copypasta is made to ruin every last bit of originality. Create, don't copy.
    • Arty Ziff agrees
    Last edited by Skipt; June 30th, 2009 at 04:17 PM.
    "Quality of responses may vary. I reserve the right to change my mind for any reason what-so-ever without admitting I was wrong. I'd prefer to change your mind however, it's easier on my ego". - jwdonahue

"so no-one has actually bothered to post an original quote ? what's wrong with making up your own?"
    - marnixR
  5. The Signal:: It's everywhere!
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

Interesting... in the PM, you said you had no idea what I was talking about, and that "you had never seen that site before" but not you post here that you did have permission?

Dude, your a liar and a fake. Nothing you say will change that.

Comments on this post

• Weekend Coder disagrees
    • Arty Ziff disagrees : Idiot.
    Check out my Blog site if you want a good laugh, Google travelingwebguy or..
    The Official TravelingWebGuy
    Business site => New Blog Site
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by Skipt
    I dont know what crack your smoking, but the only thing I have based my design off of is the sidebar.... blah, blah, and more blah
    Eric, when I look at your past "rep", if it wasn't for guys like Arty Ziff who give you rep for your drivel, you'd be around -10000 by now. Apparently you are succeeding at pissing off EVERYBODY you come into contact with, why is that?

For those who don't know, Eric here got into a "pissing match" with me and started giving me negative rep right and left. I couldn't really compete as his rep was way higher than mine. He finally left me alone, but I'm sure my speaking up here will cause him to start de-repping me again. Big deal. I'd rather speak up and have no rep than sit silent.

I've seen where Eric has provided some useful help to others on webpage design, and that is cool.... he seems to know CSS pretty well. But calling himself a "designer", when the only thing he's designed is his own site is very egotistic. On his site, his "My Portfolio" only listed his own site. I got a great laugh out of that.

Dude.... you're 17, and it shows. While you do have some useful knowledge, you strut around like King Kong. Slow down man, and chill out.

EDIT: Yep.... moron is doing it some more. FIRST, he disagrees with a post I made on .NET DLLs. I'm certain the little punk doesn't know the first thing about developing in .NET or even could describe what a DLL is. Since then, he's going back and de-repping posts I made in 2008.

Guys... can I get some love here? Can I get some positive rep points to offset what this jacka$$ is doing? I can't win a "rep war" with him, don't even want to be in one. All I want is genuine positive points if I "do good", and don't mind neg rep if you honestly disagree (or even know what I'm talking about). This 17-year old is just a little butt munch.

Thanks to guys like Arty Ziff who gives positive rep points to every word out of Eric's "mouth"... its the only reason he's not -10000 or something.

Comments on this post

• Ebot agrees
    • ManiacDan agrees : Balancing skipt
    • Weekend Coder disagrees
    • Arty Ziff disagrees
    Last edited by Ronster; July 2nd, 2009 at 09:46 AM.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Banned
    Devshed Demi-God (4500 - 4999 posts)

The whole tone of this thread is inappropriate for the purpose of this forum cat.

Comments on this post

• s-p-n agrees
    Last edited by Arty Ziff; August 23rd, 2009 at 09:40 PM.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

it's really easy to make something that is similar to another's design. Not copying, just mere coincidence My opinion.
    tho if codes are similar...

Comments on this post

• Weekend Coder agrees
    Like my post? Rep me !

For the dutch peeps: GamePlay Nation
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

It looks alot better than before. I'm very impressed at your improvements.

wat?
  15. Eager to learn
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

I dont own devwebsites anymore sirtaxter. it expired a while ago.
    "Quality of responses may vary. I reserve the right to change my mind for any reason what-so-ever without admitting I was wrong. I'd prefer to change your mind however, it's easier on my ego". - jwdonahue

"so no-one has actually bothered to post an original quote ? what's wrong with making up your own?"
    - marnixR
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I just want to say that branded07's theme looks sweet loving the nav and the what looks like jquery slider. kinda reminds me of psd tuts website.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo