1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Suggestions on how to improve my website.

This is my new website www. guessandwin .co.uk (Please i'm not advertising, I want to know how to improve my website)

Do you have any suggestions for the website? : What do you think needs improving. I want my website to look attractive and I want navigational webpages but I have no idea how to code html and if anyone is willing to help me, I am willing to pay if reasonable. I also need a php script similar to the one i'm using now but I want a referrel system so people can earn more guesses.

Suggestions are welcome, please reply
  3. Lord of Dorkness
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Central New York. Texan via Arizona, out of his element!
    I don't know why I would have put this in the Website Critiques forum. Just dumb, I guess.
    Functionality rules and clarity matters; if you can work a little elegance in there, you're stylin'.
    If you can't spell "u", "ur", and "ne1", why would I hire you? 300 baud modem? Forget I mentioned it.
    DaWei on Pointers Politically Incorrect.
  5. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by DaWei_M
    I don't know why I would have put this in the Website Critiques forum. Just dumb, I guess.
    I do not have 30 posts nor have I been a member to this community for longer then 30 days. And I thought this would be the next best thing to post since this is the lounge.. I'm sorry if i'm breaking any rules.. Moderator's if i'm breaking any rules please just delete the whole thread. Thanks
  7. <?PHP user_title("gimp"); ?>
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

When you're new to a forum, it's best to scan the list of subforums to see if there's one that fits what you want.

Such as, for example, the website critiques one.

A mod will probably throw it over when he sees this.
    Chat Server Project & Tutorial | WiFi-remote-control sailboat (building) | Joke Thread
    “Rational thinkers deplore the excesses of democracy; it abuses the individual and elevates the mob. The death of Socrates was its finest fruit.”
    Use XXX in a comment to flag something that is bogus but works. Use FIXME to flag something that is bogus and broken. Use TODO to leave yourself reminders. Calling a program finished before all these points are checked off is lazy.
    -Partial Credit: Sun

If I ask you to redescribe your problem, it's because when you describe issues in detail, you often get a *click* and you suddenly know the solutions.
    Ches Koblents
  9. Contributing User

Some graphics might be a start
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Something to make it more understandable. It's hard to guess what is your site about at the first sight.
    Find out new techiques and methods to improve seo or how to improve the speed of your website.
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

There doesnt seem to be anything on it at all at the moment. I just get a blank page.

If you're starting out and dont know any html then I would strongly recommend using Wordpress. Its free and very easy to use.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo