1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Intermediate (1500 - 1999 posts)

Sushi Restaurant Menu Layout Assistance / Ideas?

I would really appreciate any feedback on this page -

http://osake.garychus.com/menu.asp

As you can see the menu is quite extensive and requires quite a bit of vertical scrolling. The design currently has a sidebar navigation I can use to jump down the page but I was hoping someone might give me so alterantive ideas, such as vertical jquery sliding content, fly-ins, etc.

Any feedback would be really appreciated.

Thanks
    Today the world, tomorrow the universe...
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

perhaps minimize the spacing between each line or reduce the font size a little
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

The overall look is good, but there is lots of unwanted empty space. The page footer should start where the left menu item ends.
  7. No Profile Picture

Lightbulb

Looks OK. Functionality seems to be ok.
  9. No Profile Picture

I might be a bit late with this, the latest reply was 09/17/2012 but before that it was April ... ???
    Since you have one page ( Menus ) that has one paragraph on it, I'd drop that page and put your items from the left in a drop down off of menus.
    Still on that page - I presume you mean "Small Plate", not "Samll Plate".
    Continuing on, one presumes, since you're in California that those numbers on the right are prices, wouldn't it look better if they were in dollars and cents rather than 6.5, 4, 9 ??? adding, since there's a moderate gap between the item and the price a leader might be in order ... some of us have older eyes and appreciate all the help we can get.

Why,on the Rolls page do you have one item with a picture. (Dragon Rolls)? While it looks quite appetizing, it's singularly out of place.

On the lunch menu you have items marked with an asterisk - but no place do I see anything that explains why ... am I not seeing something?? Oh - among others there's Tempura Teshoka and Abe Tempura so to have an item on the menu listed solely as Tempura (especially when you have other Tempura dishes on the same page) looked odd to me.

The unexplained asterisk continues on the dinner menu, I still have no idea what it is. And again, in this case, two lonely pictures ... odd!??!

Second page of the gallery, bottom center - this item has no name?

You have four awards on the awards page, could I suggest that they'd do better were they to be rotated through the one spot on each page where you do have an award ( in most cases, the same award? ) (( Ah, you do that on the location and following pages, why not on the prior pages?? ))

Now getting picky (( and I haven't been ??? ))
    This line, used on several pages doesn't flow. "Osake Restaurant takes great pride in the awards that sushi restaurant in Santa Rosa has received." If you insert an "our" or "the" in the middle of 'that sushi' it flows much easier.

Bottom of the page, you overwrite "TMH design" with "All right reserved"; okay, it's your company but did you really intend to cover your one bit of advertising??

//fin
  11. No Profile Picture
    Online Strategist

aljones has covered most of the things. I'll give you one tip for a user perspective. When I go through the menu it would be nice to see what it looks like. At the moment I have to go to the gallery to see any pictures. I have seeing many restaurants follow this method, so there must be something good about it.
  13. No Profile Picture

nice design
    you should make a smoother background transition
  15. No Profile Picture

The site is beautiful, but it need more content in the main body.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo