1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Unique modal link window - opinions before I spend more time on it?

'Evening.
    I came up with what I believe is a unique and somewhat creative way to display a lot of links on a very small pop-up modal window. Granted, it's unfinished, but I could spend hours tweaking it and making it look good. I wanted some opinions on general design before I spend hours designing images and tweaking this.
    http://www.ratesavvy.com/redesign/modallinkbox.php

Try not to be biased just because it's different haha.

Some key points: There is a 50ms timeout between the hover events, so the average user should be able to navigate to the link area without triggering a new link segment.

It will be easy to gracefully degrade on non-js browsers.

Looks and functions the same in IE and firefox without tricks/separate CSS.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I think the design could be pretty useful depending on what it was actually used for. I think it could work on a store application. mainly anything that uses a database for certain links would probably work. but if it is meant for normal page navigation i dont really find it that useful.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by drumn4life0789
    I think the design could be pretty useful depending on what it was actually used for. I think it could work on a store application. mainly anything that uses a database for certain links would probably work. but if it is meant for normal page navigation i dont really find it that useful.
    Okay, makes sense. Thanks for your opinion. Anyone else?

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo