1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

New "unsafe" image search engine

Hi;

I've developed an image search website with a simple concept. It uses other search api's, which offer both "safe" & "full" searches. The user enters a name or search string, and the site performs both the safe & full searches; then removes the images that are returned by both, leaving just the results filtered out by the "safe" search; that is, just the images that are "unsafe".

It also has a "spin the wheel" feature, where it searches on some random female celebrity name to see what turns up.

I'd love some feedback on the design, the functionality, and suggestions for other ways to improve it.

The site is: riskysearch.com

Let me know what you think.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

The concept is a lot of fun for perverts like myself. The design definitely leaves something to be desired. Take a page out of google's book. Simple is better. I'd say put the ads by google from the top and put them on the side because I simply mentally skip the text ads at the top and it greatly subtracts from the aesthetics. The search box needs to have more concentration on the page and the information about what the website is and some tips need to be less intrusive. I'm no expert, but that's my perception from a user standpoint. I do like it though, this is gonna be perfect for getting my wallpaper's for my phone.

Comments on this post

• eddie21leeds agrees : I fully agree. Great concept. Looks dated tho...
  5. No Profile Picture

Interesting concept

Really interesting concept. Well done. Brought back "Clara Morgane"
    As already mentioned, aesthetically there remains lots to do. Work on the header - center it? Don't know...looks empty at times, but love the concept and might be back later...who knows...LOL
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by Mantlo
    Really interesting concept. Well done. Brought back "Clara Morgane"
    As already mentioned, aesthetically there remains lots to do. Work on the header - center it? Don't know...looks empty at times, but love the concept and might be back later...who knows...LOL
    Well, some of that empty space was occupied by google adsense, but they took it down because someone searched for "young p*n*s", and I guess that triggered google's "unsuitable content" rule.

I've appealed it to them, explaining that it was just a search site and that was just a user's query and the site only returns the exact same pages that google returns when safe search is not enabled. I'm waiting for a response...

Does anyone know any other adsense-like programs that are not so picky?
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

cool site

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo