Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Unusual website design

Does anyone know how this type of page would have been done? Any comment as to it's accessibility, good practice, etc. welcome. PS, it's not my website.
    ---------------------
    Thanks for your time.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

5. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by old&nojob
    Does anyone know how this type of page would have been done? Any comment as to it's accessibility, good practice, etc. welcome. PS, it's not my website.
    It's definitely all done in Flash. From an SEO point of view, I would avoid having the whole site done in flash like that as there is no way for the search engines to spider any content.

Just my two cents.

Cappymoo Media
  7. Plays with fire
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

Originally Posted by Cappymoo
    From an SEO point of view, I would avoid having the whole site done in flash like that as there is no way for the search engines to spider any content.
    Cappymoo Media

Not true. You can build a site that has the content displayed as a normal HTML page and add a sniffer to see if the visitor has Flash. if so, place the Flash over the content in a different layer. That way all the search engines see the content and the Flash users can get the better experience.
    “Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity.” -- Horace Mann

"...all men are created equal." -- US Declaration of Independence
  9. No Profile Picture

I find your website are designed with all flash. Frankly speaking, I do not think it is good just from the SEO poinf of view.
  11. No Profile Picture

With the onset of html5, Jquery and css3, most things accomplished with Flash in the past can be accomplished just in your html. For example, the way the background moves against the foreground in your example is easily accomplished using Jquery's Parallax.
  13. No Profile Picture

The website is all done in flash except for the buttons at the bottom. Only businesses that have a solid reputation can get away with having a flash only website, especially from an SEO perspective. Just my thoughts.
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by Cappymoo
    It's definitely all done in Flash. From an SEO point of view, I would avoid having the whole site done in flash like that as there is no way for the search engines to spider any content.

Just my two cents.

Cappymoo Media
    I have heard that Bing loves flash and Google hates it. If you want to promote this then approach for Bing search results.
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

All that aside...

It's a beautiful site. Maybe too beautiful. I didn't even really care what was being sold/told about. I just wanted to play with it. And I did. From a designer's perspective, it's just terrific. From a marketing perspective, meh...
  19. No Profile Picture

Very pretty

Well if its done in flash..or whatever, it still looks pretty neat actually. I think if you have a slow connection I wonder about loading speeds.
  21. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I can tell you that whoever owns it has spent a fair bit of money and whoever made it has a fair bit of skill. This is the sort of high end job that good agencies will produce as part of a wider marketing campaign. The idea behind something like this is to create an impact and a lasting impression. As it has done with you!! I wouldnt lose to much sleep over flash if you are just looking to get in to building websites for yourself of w/eva.
  23. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

very nice idea if you dont care about search engine optimization.
  25. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

IMHO, unless you're trying to climb the charts, SEO is for suckers. That's not to say that one shouldn't make their site accessible to crawlers, but getting first page listings on the big engines is a dream. One of the ways that is still available is social networking. Get your friends and people you know to retweet your stuff, and drop your URL everywhere. Of course your code needs to have all the good meta data, your content relevant, and links to other sites (crawlers hate dead end pages.) These things, and good old brick pounding. It's not all about what's done on the Global Interwebs, sometimes you actually have to talk to people, even at their stupid, ugly faces (eeewww...)
  27. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

the site is quite nifty but i agree with others about flash not the best idea unless you want to pay a crapload for advertising.
  29. No Profile Picture

Lightbulb Flash and not w3c validated

Flash was definitely used with that site. I've also noticed that the site will not be passing W3C validation which is very helpful to search engines like Google and possibly Yahoo. Bing is mostl likely going to love it but as for the others I don't know.

As what the others were saying a business will first need to have a great rep before venturing into flash.

The Design looks great though but there should be an option for "html only" seeing that every now and again even the person with the best of the best gets a bogus connection when access is necessary.

Cheers,
Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo