Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

i like themeforest chadsmith nice resource,

Check out vandelaydesign and psdtuts as well for inspiration and some nice tutorials, which might unlock new design skills.
  3. No Profile Picture

Exclamation Web Site design help!

Hello,

I own a website and I would like you to take a look at it and tell me what to fix. Be nice about this and tell me what I need to fix.
    I am going for a New York Boutique style, classic and modern mix.

It is a high end retail co.

exchangegroup.co.cc

The WIX ads will be gone once I pay for the site.
  5. No Profile Picture

I think you may have been thinking and trying too much to make it look good - which is good for a creative person, I suppose. My view is to make it very simple. Plain white or black background or a solid, non-pastel colour. Add the right kind of pictures and graphics - things with a reflection shine are pretty big right now. Apart from being quite faddy, they do give your website a futuristic look.

This way, you can work hard on your clients' website, and then let them speak for themselves visually when set against your plain background.

I can see you think putting a picture of yourself adds a personal touch. It could work, depending on the viewer, but it doesn't scream out 'professional company' to me. I don't know if that's your aim. Maybe, if you want a picture of yourself, do one where you're working at a desk with all sorts of sleek-looking laptops and devices. Perhaps drag in friends and family members for additional pictures to make it look like you're a pretty big organisation. I wouldn't encourage lying or exaggerating (nor would I assume you are that way inclined) but I think it may or may not hurt to allow such pictures to imply you have a team behind you. Even if all these family/friends have done is to put a can in a bin just one single day, they're supporting you and are therefore in your team, right?

A final point - you've used some stats, but not for this one:

Accessibly relates to how people who are sight impaired "see" your website with their computer software. It is important to have your website easy to use for all potential customers.

Why is it important? You need to say that. How would it benefit the prospective client? Perhaps something like "Columbia University research has indicated that as many as 40% of a website's users can have sight difficulties" or something like that. There's a lot to be said for building selling points around stats, research and facts.

Good luck - I'll be watching your future developments from afar
  7. Registered User

Originally Posted by Minnow
    I'm starting a home based, part time, web design company. I'm targeting small business and non-profits. Please take a look and let me know if you think the site is right to attract this audience. http://www.minnowwebdesign.com/index.php

Thanks,
    Minnow
    I like the simpleness of it, but it's not really up to date style wise. Maybe check for more web 2.0 trendy designs.
Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo