August 22nd, 2003, 10:42 AM
Welcome to Website Critiques
Welcome to the Website Critiques forum. If you are thinking of putting up your site for review, we strongly recommend you read this first.
Please follow these simple rules when posting a site for critique.
- Use the URL as the title of the thread. For instance, if you are putting Dev Shed Forums up for review, then you would have the thread title of 'http://forums.devshed.com'.
- Please post the general outline of your site in the thread, including what it is meant to do, its focus(es) and its goals.
- Please check it first with the W3C Validator, http://validator.w3.org.
- Please post which part you want us to critique, be it the design, layout, functionality, navigability, spelling or generally everything.
- If you don't get much of a response the first time you post your thread, please wait. People at Dev Shed are volunteering to help critique your site. If you've followed the rules above, then if you wait long enough, someone should be able to have a look. Don't repost or "bump" your thread within a few days just because few or no people have responded. Please be patient as eventually almost every post gets some sort of response.
- Please do not create a post merely saying "critique my site please". Read points 2 and 4 of these rules, and include details about your site and what you would like overall to be reviewed.
- When you create a thread, include a link to your site. To do this, enclose the URL in the [ url ] and [ /url ] tags. For example, if you were asking for a critique of the forums, you would make sure that you included [ url ]http://forums.devshed.com[ /url ] in the post. Please note that the spaces need to be taken out for these links to work.
- Don't post spam. You are welcome to post in this forum for a critique of your site, but please don't post a link to your site just for advertising. This includes linking to your forum, asking for people to become members there. If the moderators think that your thread is an advertisement for your website, it may be deleted.
- Please make sure your site is on an accessible server that we can access. Posting links to your C:\ drive, local intranet or to a server that doesn't load for anyone is bad.
- Take a look at what errors are brought up with your site at Silk Tide Site Score.
- Please don't submit sites which are obviously using pre-made templates or default themes.
- Only post links to public accessable webservers and try to make sure they are reliable servers. Please don't post links to sites you are hosting at home unless the server is on the majority of the time.
- You must be a member for 30 days and have at least 30 posts before posting your site. We encourage you to join in discussions about other sites until that time.
Thank you for reading.
If you have any questions, or would like to add to this list, please contact me, or another Website Critiques moderator.
computer / Sepodati / jacktasia / edwinbrains
Comments on this post
Last edited by computer; January 13th, 2006 at 12:03 PM.