1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

www.avenueartist.tk

looking for a critique. this is just another creation from the creator or www.everydayfame.tk....ME!
    cheers
    Andrew Cartmill
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I like the site; but my I had to enable my block up popper to go to it; other's might just think its borked. I've only been to one other site that had its entire contents in a window like that; I'm entirely anti that whole theory. I despise sites that take away my ability to resize and use toolbarls; and won't visit their sites a second time.

Another thing, I can't read that italicized white text on the lightish blue background - maybe others can, tho.

All that being said remember the first line - I like the site. I think the design is cute and well laid out, just a few minor modifications (like leaving it in the main window and making the text easier to read) and it'd be perfecto.
  5. Contributing User

For some usability tip, you need to warn your visitors that you are popping up the site in a new window. Personally, I'm one of the people who DESPISE it when a website commanderes my browser and starts popping up windows unless I am expecting it.

What is the dimension of the popup as well. If you're over 770 or so pixels, it'd be a hassle for 800x600 visitors to view the site. You may want to add a javascript to center the popup after warning them.

Take a look at www.ultrashock.com

They offer/warn a popup to either a window, the current browser or full screen browser. But they tell you before they do it.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

ok, the warning sounds like a good idea. i'm only using that set up because of my layers and the absolute values....if i make it full screen it will rearrange everything...so i'm gonna keep the set up but i'll add the warning.....
    cheers
    andrew
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

check it out now. i fixed the issues that i had with difficulty of reading. and i think it looks great.
    cheers
    andrew cartmill
    www.avenueartist.tk

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo