1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Critique + Design Aid

For roughly the last year, I have been helping my buddy with his website, which can be found at: www.chriscreamer.com

First off, we would like to hear your thoughts. Secondly, as you can see up until now every page has its own html file and I have been looking into using XML/XSL/PHP to accomplish this more efficiently. I would like some tips on what you think would be a good way of going about this.... I have attached the beginnings of an xml file to give you an idea of what I have so far. Thank you for your time.
  3. Banned (not really)
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

There's no attachment here, but that's fine. I'd suggest you wander over to the PHP forum with your question. PHP can certainly help you, out. Do you have any experience with it at all? If not, start with some online tutorials and install PHP on your home computer with Apache.

---John Holmes...
  5. Contributing User

i think you should make the site a little larger, too much scrolling (just my own preference). I think you should widen the site.

Other then that, it's good. Maybe change the home page to a bit more broader topic. It looks to me like your site is based on all sports, so having news on just one sport doesn't look that good. Even if stories become a couple of days old, I think you should leave the variety there.

Other then that, looks nice and clean.

- Infinityws.com - Providing Reliable Web Hosting Solutions Since 2000
    - Web Hosting - Reseller Accounts - E-Commerce Packages
    - Free ClientExec License With ALL Reseller Accounts

A Satisfied Customer
  7. Moderator Emeritus
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

I agree w/ RedDog - too much scrolling. You're better off not loading your content in the iframe. Users don't like having to go to the center of the page to scroll... its not what they're used to.

Other than that, congrats on building a straight-forward site. Sports logos is the name, sports logos is what you get. Simple and to the point, easy to navigate. I like.
    DrGroove, Devshed Moderator | New to Devshed? Read the User Guide | Connect with me on LinkedIn
  9. No Profile Picture

Awesome, thanks guys, I appreciate the comments....
  11. Just another guy
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

One more suggestion: For the basketball and hockey links on your top horizontal bar, you only have one option, so you don't need to make a drop down box. Just make the link to the appropriate area, and only use drop downs for chosing between multiple options.
    Other than that, looks pretty good

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo