1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

www.inneedofajob.com

This is my first site that I have designed using ASP and SQL

Basically the site advertises jobs on behalf of job agencies, employers, councils etc.
    As far as I know the site is compatible with the major browsers.
    The site will be launched on the 1st Nov 2003.

Click Here to view the site
  3. Contributing User
    Devshed Intermediate (1500 - 1999 posts)

Like it very much, the menu reminds me of something I did in the past, clean and crisp. A lot nicer than many of the other recruitment agencies web sites out there, that are all busy or poor to navigate.

The only problems I have are UI ones really:
    1) The T&C, About etc... looks out of place crambed up there on the top right.
    2) The grey box round the header doesn't quite look right (viewed at 1200x800 or whatever it is I'm on).
    3) The underlined white links on an orange background don't look clean, and aren't that easy to read
    4) In Opera/Mozilla there appears to be an image box or something at the bottom right of each dropdown menu trigger. And the cursor remains a pointer (just add cursor:hand in the style attributes). Oh and Opera also doesn't put a gap between the '0' and 'Jobs Listed' on the home page.
    5) finally, could you not make the contact us bit a form as well as an email address? Some people don't have email clients set up on the system they're using to view the site.

But yeah, looks good and no ASP/SQL errors appeared.
  5. sardonyx quinx

You may adjust the width and height of your banner and try to get rid of the border line and make it compatible with your background.

Since this post was last posted in year 2003, I wonder if the original author of this thread is still in devshed.com

I hope he's still in. neh?
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally posted by sardonyx
    Since this post was last posted in year 2003, I wonder if the original author of this thread is still in devshed.com

I hope he's still in. neh?
    Sorry mate but dont understand what you are on about, "posted in 2003"????

But any way I am still here.
  9. Contributing User
    Devshed Intermediate (1500 - 1999 posts)

What year is this? Where am I? Who's your president?

11. Junior Member

the general looks nice.....may i add some points?

1- my IE does not have a white background, so i see some parts of your page in white (from graphic) and some gray (from my IE settings), so i suggest to use white background in your body tag...

2- try looking your design from far away...or in small size....I see that you have much weight in right side of the page (your page is centered in my IE), why no bring the advertise thing under the JOB HUNTER, or move one of them in right side of the main area?
    people like thing with symetry more.......

3- you are looking for people to register ...right? so why dont you bring those 2 columns up? and put the describtions below them?
    i am sure you will get more hits then.....most of people wont read your text above the 2 boxes centerd in the main page but below your intro text......
    4- i feel you need some footing.......copyright, policies, ...maybe some of links from top right (like about us....) can be moved to footer......you really want people to see them that strong, in top of page? maybe add to fav. and some thing like that can stay up there, but disclaimer and about and policy can go to footer

sorry if bothered

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo