1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Www.mtnstatessupply.com

Let me know what you think of this design. Does it flow? Is there enough contrast in color and spacing that it's easy to read? Is it balanced? Is it clean? Are things where you would expect them to be (cart, search, login, etc)? Most of it is non-functional, but I'd like feedback on the look. You can click on the "list" and "grid" buttons to switch back and forth to the different views within the product listing. Feel free to comment on how it looks in the different browsers, resolutions, and font sizes. I programmed it to be cross-browser compatible back to IE 6 and down to 800x600 (though IE 6 still has some qwirks). Here's the link:

http://www.mtnstatessupply.com/newsite/

Comments on this post

• Arty Ziff agrees
    Last edited by CGRemakes; June 22nd, 2010 at 01:38 PM.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I like it. Very nice clean look and feel. Don't change it.

The links don't all work, but I expect you knew that.

The only feedback I'd have is that to a casual visitor it is not clear what the company is. Just sanitation products, or all household... Not clear. You could add a simple strapline (subtitle) to the logo or in the header that would clear that up.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

looks good. though, the red background on the navigation bar is distracting.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Looks very clean and simple which is nice. Would agree with d86 about the red bar on the top nav.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Would a less intense red be better (like the color used on the footer)? Red is their color, unfortunately, so it probably should be the primary color used (wouldn't be my first choice, either, at least not a red that intense). I tried to incorporate it as sparingly as possible, because it is a very dominant color.

@ mv5869: I'll try to squeeze a sub-title on their and see how it looks. I'll have to make sure it looks good at 800x600. When you say the navigation links don't work, do you mean the navigation bar on the left? And by that, do you mean they don't take you to the correct place, or they flat out don't work? They should be functional in that they are something you can click on, and they take you to another page (provided they are not a "javscript:void(0)" link). The page they take you to, currently, is the old layout, so in that sense, no, they don't work.
    Last edited by CGRemakes; June 28th, 2010 at 04:38 PM.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Ok, I changed the red bar to a darker color. Let me know if it looks better, now. I also changed the clearance tag icon to something that matches my theme better. I like the look of it more, now.
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Your main logo, when you click on it, it should take you to home page. All website does this now.
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by hiyatran
    Your main logo, when you click on it, it should take you to home page. All website does this now.
    Yup, it does. Right now, the home page is based on the old layout, but the link is in place already for when it is switched over.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo