1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

www.manhattanproject.tk

A website for my airsoft team, nice and simple. Let me know what you think. http://www.manhattanproject.tk
    Also, do you think there should be music on the opening page. If yes, what kind?

Also, one more thing. We're trying to raise money for our team because airsoft is expensive and so do you think anyone would pay to have an ad on our site? Or are there any special "every click you get x amount of money"? We need funds in any way we can and I think the site is a great way.

Thanks
    Last edited by Beckwith; December 17th, 2003 at 02:59 AM.
  3. No Profile Picture

I looks quite good the only thing I would say is Splash out on a proper .com or .net so you dont have those .tk pop up banners or if my memory serves me you can pay $5 per month so they are not there,
    Part from That i like the look of it
  5. Retired
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

<OT>Or pay $0 for decent browser that kills pop ups. </OT>

The site looks OK, I had sound off, so I don't know about the music, BUT music is generally a bad thing on websites, unless you have an OFF button.

Change your top-margin on your first page to be the rest of your site and you will be laughing

Good luck

Cheers,
    Jamie

>_ skiFFie ? | Twitter

Let the might of your compassion arise to bring a quick end
    to the flowing stream of the blood and tears .....
    Please hear my anguished words of truth.

7. |<.+#f@#+.&.|
    Devshed Loyal (3000 - 3499 posts)

stealing my context menu is bad,
    there is no good reason to taking over that.
    with it makes the back and forward navigations a pain.

and what about some info on the page on what you are doing etc. an about us,
    surfed around your site but it was really hard to find out what your site was about.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Thank you

Thank you for your suggestions and for reviewing my site. I was confused though, what do you mean Jabbar_29?
    Change your top-margin on your first page to be the rest of your site and you will be laughing
    . Anyways, we did discuss paying for a .com or net before the site was made and decided that we didn't need it because we need every dollar we can get. We'd rather have the popup than more money going towards the site. Also, I'm going to learn php soon because I want people to be able to log in and change their bios and stuff like that (and just so I can create better web pages in the future) so do you know of any good sites I can learn php online? Where did you guys all learn it? Also, any luck on the advertising thing? We need a sponsor for the site so that we can get funds for the team. And yes one of our team members is going to write an about us page soon.

Thanks
  11. Retired
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

It means that the page jumps down / moves when you go from front page to any other page - it is different from the rest of teh site.

HTH

Cheers,
    Jamie

>_ skiFFie ? | Twitter

Let the might of your compassion arise to bring a quick end
    to the flowing stream of the blood and tears .....
    Please hear my anguished words of truth.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo