1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

Redesigned web site

I had this one design that I've been using for a long time. I always thought it looked too plain, boring, unorganized, not easy to make accessible, not very fun to navigate, etc. I then redesigned it.

"All right. I've been playing around for a while now and I have come up with something I really love and am going to stick with. You can check out the new design (moved the "Last Updated" to the bottom of the page. It is no longer in a table. Changed the colors.) here

I think that it looks so amazing. Who knew that color had so much effect?

I'm interested in knowing what you think of the new design.

Old: here
    New: here

I will also be changing the font for the middle section soon. I've been working on this since 2:47 AM. It's 5:44 AM. I'm hungry. "
    Last edited by MasterChief; December 21st, 2003 at 05:12 AM.
  3. Banned (not really)
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Yeah, it looks a little better with color. It still looks like a basic CMS, though...
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

Thanks, nickjc, for pointing that out. I didn't have that problem before. I was making my web site accessible and the web site I was using to make my web site accessible said that I should use a specified width. I did that. I used to have percentages. I will be changing it back to percentages.

I'm very glad that it loaded nice and fast. That's my goal. I've been working a lot on the XHTML and the CSS so I will be uploading that when I'm done. This means that it will load even faster.

I don't want it to look fancy or anything. I don't want to distract the reader, consume bandwidth, make it load slower, etc.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

there is horizontal scroll, full screened, at 1280x1024 - firebird .7

that's really bad, you need to fix that center box =)

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo