Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Intermediate (1500 - 1999 posts)

Which Design is Best - A, B, or C

Please help me win a bet if you would. Which of these sites make the first best impression? No need to click around, I am only after your view of the homepage.

A. Broadway Transmission

B. Certified Transmission

C. Freeway Transmission
    Today the world, tomorrow the universe...
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Somewhere outside of Adirondack State Park, NY
    1st impression winner right off the bat - the omaha nebraska certified transmission site. i think it's the sharpest looking one. catches my eye. looks somewhat professional...

Comments on this post

• thall89553 agrees
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Thank you.
  7. No Profile Picture

Somewhere outside of Adirondack State Park, NY
    Hahaha! You're welcome. It all has to do with the banner i think.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I think it's a great design myself. My graphic artist did it I must admit. The site is very inviting and builds instant rapport with a potential customer.
  11. Contributing User

I don't think it is very close. I like B considerably better. I don't like A at all, and on C the tabs look very clunky.

Thanks,
    Minnow
    http://www.minnowwebdesign.com - Web Design for the small business and non-profits.
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I really appreciate your feedback. Some time back I consulted with site A and basically told him that professionally speaking his site did not measure up. He had a really hard time accepting that opinion from me saying I don't know what I was talking about...I think both of us do. T
  15. Contributing User

Have you ever found a good way of telling somebody there site doesn't measure up? I've recently found one right in the field I want to be in that would be great for my portfolio, but I am unsure of how to approach him. He does his own site, but it looks like it is ten years old(which it is).

Thanks,
    Minnow
    http://www.minnowwebdesign.com - Web Design for the small business and non-profits.
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I specialize in seo and my best approach is looking at their site's stats and ranking before I even touch the design. You can have the best design in the world but without traffic it is worthless. Once I persuade them on my services based on my SEO skills, then I go for the design considerations. If they have good traffic and a weak design, then I focus on their conversion factors. How many cha chings in comparison with visitors. Make sense? T

Comments on this post

• Minnow agrees
  19. Contributing User

Yes, great advice, thanks.

Minnow
  21. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

Originally Posted by Minnow
    Have you ever found a good way of telling somebody there site doesn't measure up? I've recently found one right in the field I want to be in that would be great for my portfolio, but I am unsure of how to approach him. He does his own site, but it looks like it is ten years old(which it is).

Thanks,
    Minnow
    It can be tough, though another way you can approach a person is by offering your services in a light manner.

"Dear Sir/Madam/Who it may concern,

I have been browsing and comparing your websites to others in its related field. Though, I can not help but to say that your site loses the extra first-impression impact that the other sites contain. I would like to say that I will help you give your site that extra boost by designing the site to surpass your competition! This will increase your traffic, which will conclude to possible sales for yourself. Take a look at my portfolio and I will even help you out by cutting you a deal (MAKE UP A LIE ) and bla bla bla..."

That is a possible way, and somewhat the way I approach websites that I think need help, badly...

Comments on this post

• Minnow agrees
  23. Contributing User

Another good approach, thanks for the advice.

Minnow

Originally Posted by AvsH
    It can be tough, though another way you can approach a person is by offering your services in a light manner.

"Dear Sir/Madam/Who it may concern,

I have been browsing and comparing your websites to others in its related field. Though, I can not help but to say that your site loses the extra first-impression impact that the other sites contain. I would like to say that I will help you give your site that extra boost by designing the site to surpass your competition! This will increase your traffic, which will conclude to possible sales for yourself. Take a look at my portfolio and I will even help you out by cutting you a deal (MAKE UP A LIE ) and bla bla bla..."

That is a possible way, and somewhat the way I approach websites that I think need help, badly...
  25. No Profile Picture
    Banned
    Devshed Demi-God (4500 - 4999 posts)

Originally Posted by thall89553
    I really appreciate your feedback. Some time back I consulted with site A and basically told him that professionally speaking his site did not measure up. He had a really hard time accepting that opinion from me saying I don't know what I was talking about...I think both of us do. T
    Huh. I don't think Site A is all that bad. Certainly could be a lot better, but as far as small business Web sites go, I've seen a lot worse. Site C trails at number 3.
  27. No Profile Picture

b for sure.
    c was okay
    hated A
  29. No Profile Picture

Design B is neat and quite attractive and seems substantially better than the other two designs. However, there are perhaps a few tweaks that could be made here and there to Design B. For example, the yellow on the bars on the testimonials page seems a bit too bright to me.
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo