1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Site review please: www.Maxi-Pedia.com

Hi,

If anyone had a chance to take a look at my website and say what you think about it, how you like it, any suggestions, I'd appreciate a lot. Thanks much and merry christmas.

www.Maxi-Pedia.com

j.
    Last edited by xjessie007; December 24th, 2008 at 07:13 AM.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Hey xjessie. Not sure if you have access to IE 6.0, but if not you may want to find someone who does.

Unfortunately, it's all i have here at work and the page is pretty distorted. I'm sure it'd look fine in firefox and whatnot though.

Just something you might want to look into

Merry Christmas!
    flashy
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by flashsplat
    Hey xjessie. Not sure if you have access to IE 6.0, but if not you may want to find someone who does.

Unfortunately, it's all i have here at work and the page is pretty distorted. I'm sure it'd look fine in firefox and whatnot though.

Just something you might want to look into

Merry Christmas!
    flashy
    Hello,

Thanks much for taking a look at it. I am using IE7 and FFox3, I haven't tested in IE6, good point, thanks. Can you, pls, let me know what display resolution you use? I know I have problems with Google banners in 1024x768 resolution and lower, but I am not sure how to fix that as their dimensions are hard coded.

I am wondering if the distortion you see relates to the browser or to the display resolution. Thank you.

7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Well @ work my resolution is 1280x1024. IE 6.0 is pretty much it's own animal. 7.0/Firefox are pretty simular to each other, but IE6.0 is out there in a boat on it's own.

@ Home my resolution is 1680x1440 (i think) - I'll test it there and report back. I'd love to send you a screen shot or something if you think it would help? You can PM me your e-mail address.
  9. Contributing User

On my laptop the right side bleeds in two spots.
    1. Where the maxi-pedia flash area is, the background takes over the right most part of it.
    2. At the bottom the ad goes off the page.

I think the background stripes are a little distracting too.

I really like the notebook spiral as the divider.

Thanks,
    Minnow
    http://www.minnowwebdesign.com - Web Design for the small business and non-profits.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Banned
    Devshed Demi-God (4500 - 4999 posts)

At 1440x900 in IE7, it looks great.
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Hi all,

Thanks much for your review. I fixed a few things and the site validates as XHTML 1.0 Transitional. So, "theoretically" , it should display the same in all browsers. Well, it looks like IE6 and either too low or too high resolutions pose some problems. Well, ok, I go back to work. :O)

j.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo