1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Cool TruckCompanyRatings.com - Critique

Could i get some opinions on this site?

It's my first big project. If you are infact a truck driver, feel free to test the site to it's fullest.

If you're not a driver, you can still test everything out, but please create a name with test_ infront of it like: "test_flashsplat"

Thanks!

P.S. - Lol, the link is http://www.truckcompanyratings.com
    Last edited by flashsplat; December 24th, 2008 at 01:23 PM.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

It is informational. One comment about the WebSite News And Updates section in the home page: currently those news are all IT-related... I don't really think that your target audience is interested in that. So I guess ultimately you are planning to put some industry-specific information in it.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by ahk2chan
    It is informational. One comment about the WebSite News And Updates section in the home page: currently those news are all IT-related... I don't really think that your target audience is interested in that. So I guess ultimately you are planning to put some industry-specific information in it.
    Well that's a good point. I thought about maybe having both website related and industry related info (two seperate sections though). Website updates mainly to let them know if something changed that they may way to check out.

Perhaps i could throw that info on it's own page though. Food for thought. Thanks for the input
  7. No Profile Picture

Your website looks professional. Good information that is needed. The site loads fairly fast. The design is cool but i am not a big fan of the header design because the R looks like A.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by usnck
    Your website looks professional. Good information that is needed. The site loads fairly fast. The design is cool but i am not a big fan of the header design because the R looks like A.
    Awesome. Ty, ty... And yeaaaahh.. that seems to be a common comment about the "A". Not sure what i'm gunna do about that tbh. May have to come up with an entirely different logo.

This is the first site i've done with divs/css and i learned alot of it from the guys on this forum. I owe you all a mighty thanks.

Thanks for your comments!
  11. Contributing User

It looks really good. I agree about the R looking like an A, but it is a shame, I really like the concept for the logo/name.

The only thing I might change is the left column has very little information on it but causes the content area to have to be more smushed because of this "wasted" space.

Thanks,
    Minnow
    http://www.minnowwebdesign.com - Web Design for the small business and non-profits.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo