1. No Profile Picture
    Political Advisor
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Project Manager -> Need reviewers & testers of early beta phase

I need testers to test the web-app to see if it all runs smoothly without error, and for people to review the site and give some good feedback for improvements.

You can use this to manage things you need to do, such as schoolwork, organising things or planning your own website. You can plan what you want to do and can cross things out when they are done!

Visit http://projectmanager.ratedpixel.com to sign up to the site, and to get yourself a BETA Key go to http://www.ratedpixel.com/keys.php.

We need feedback on things that can be changed, upgraded and added. Post it here of if you like email me at oliver.stubley@gmail.com! Thanks (:

We are only supported by ad revenue until we have had the site tested & reviewed to start developing premium features.
    Computers are like Air Conditioners. You Open windows and they stop working.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I've just registered, it was pain free and looked great.

It was easy to add a project and tasks and was nicely styled when you had completed a task.

What I would suggest is that on the date for completion of a project that you use less wide drop down lists with just numbers, not 1st, 2nd. This confused me momentarily. When you change password, you should have a confirmation of new password box.

The forgotten password link worked fast and well. And all the other options seem to be in good working order.

My only real criticism of the design is the blandness - it doesn't have a brand identity. I don't know what to suggest, but little things like an exit logo next to logout, or a brand logo next to Project Manager in the top left. Other than that, it is clean and minimalist.

A quick idea for you to think about is how useful is it? Are people going to login, and manage their projects? If this is going to work in a similar form to the way it is currently then you might be better selling it as a web app for people to install on their own site (you've coded it, others implement and use it), or to create some applications, with say Facebook.

Best of luck,

Watters
  5. No Profile Picture

Waited

Waited 10 minutes and still hadn't received my registration e-mail. If it shows later, will review your site. Curious, how are you handling the data for your individual customers? Everyone in large tables and pulling their data or separate, duplicate tables for each customer?
  7. No Profile Picture

Reveiwed

Registration e-mails went to my spam box. Able to register fine. Couple of comments:

1. Need to add the year for the completion of the project
    2. Your tasks are either done or not. May want to consider ability to put a percentage complete.
    3. May want the ability to allow a comment on each task such as, "Contacted supplier. Promised materials in a week" Shows you have done something and waiting.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo