1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Lightbulb Review: Learn Classical Guitar

Hi Everyone,

I was hoping I could get some feedback on my layout before I start to add content:
    >>> http://dev.learn-classical-guitar.com

Thanks in advance!
  3. Contributing User

Your left hand border is all over the place. I'd align at least the title, text, and pictures.

Personally I'd drop the adds, but assuming that you are going to keep them I'd at least move them further over to the right, and probably either add a line between real content and adds, or put a different background behind the adds to make obvious your content vs the adds.

I'd also shorten your the black line that contains your menu picks. Especially on the right side.

I really like the pictures, and think the site overall looks good.

Thanks,
    Minnow
    http://www.minnowwebdesign.com - Web Design for the small business and non-profits.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I agree with all the above comments, and I have a few of my own:

I would make the image at the top go right up to the top of the browser so there's no white space between the person's neck and the browser menu.
    I'd get some sort of colour change on the menu links, just to acknowledge them as links.

At the minute it is a very clean design, but it doesn't stand out. If you have the time I'd have a think about shadows on your guitar images and separating the bottom footer in a different way.

Best of Luck,

Watters
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

looks nice - clean layout.

as stated above, i would do more with the navigation links,
    to make them stand out.

Good Luck,
    Judy
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

i like it.... its clean and simple. not sure about having the guitar players head cut off... if it were me i would lose some of the bottom and try to include his head!! i suppouse that is down to preference.

also i notice that you have uploaded the site with the links pointing to replicas of the homepage. this can get you penalized by google as it is seen as spamming or duplicating content... even though it wasn't intentional the alogrithms will see it as an attempt to fool the system!! just a thought...

overall i like the site..
  11. guru
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

nice and clean but i think the lack of use of the top right hand part of the header is a shame. you could utilise that part of the screen better.

other than that its a nice clean site.. easy to navigate etc well done

Ed
    Create, Inspire & enjoy
  13. No Profile Picture
    Banned
    Devshed Demi-God (4500 - 4999 posts)

Add a little (LITTLE) Gaussian blur (soft focus) and lens flare to the top (logo) image. Consider a different font for the title. There are some nice handwriting fonts out there. The one you are using is over-exposed.

Font site -> dafont.com

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo