1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Http://www.consumerpanel.net

I'd appreciate it if you all could take a look at http://www.consumerpanel.net and let me know what you think. There are still a few features I want to add, but maybe it's time to step back and get a reality check.
    aka mosrite1234
  3. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by SingularTech
    I'd appreciate it if you all could take a look at http://www.consumerpanel.net and let me know what you think. There are still a few features I want to add, but maybe it's time to step back and get a reality check.
    I like the overall look. The background fits the overall feel of the logo itself.

The navigation is good on some pages and bad at others. Where the page doesn't go below the fold its actually good, almost is like a book. You get to the bottom of the content and there is the "next page". However, with the register form being longer then the fold it breaks the habit. I'd suggest placing the links up top below your logo.

And holy crap you use frames. I would not recommend using frames. I'm not sure if you did that so people who don't know much about html wouldn't steal your code or what have you. I wouldn't use them, but what do I know :P

Color of the words within the register form is a shade of green, I wouldn't use this within your current setup, it doesn't seem to match with the rest of the site or the other colors. Even your logo has a lighter green.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

yes... frames are bad! this is the main reason the site doesn't validate:

validation

look and feel is good.... though personally im not keen on the "glass balls" used for the navigation... i think they are against the grain of the rest of the site... also on the navigation - why have you changed the font? best to keep it simple and stick with sans-serif...

overall i like it but a few design elements (submit buttons, navigation buttons) maybe need tweaking to fit with the simple matte look and feel that is almost there on the home page. registration form is nice...
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Yeah, I know

The design was done (partially) by an advertising agency (I'll lay claim to all the stuff that looks good).
    I'm thinking about maybe the same blue for the buttons and submit, etc. that's used for the up/down/refresh buttons.
    I'm admittedly artistically impaired, so the aesthetic part is hard for me.
    aka mosrite1234
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

yeah... if you do decide to go for the change then just keep it simple it will just be a case of replacing the existing images on your server... and matte colours will go with what you already have...
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

2nd look

I have to agree about the Submit, etc. buttons especially. They have the curb appeal of a corrugated sheet metal house. But really the only "graphics" tool I have is Gimp. Do you know how I can find out the hex color value of an image?
    aka mosrite1234
  13. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by SingularTech
    I have to agree about the Submit, etc. buttons especially. They have the curb appeal of a corrugated sheet metal house. But really the only "graphics" tool I have is Gimp. Do you know how I can find out the hex color value of an image?
    If you have an image you can use the dropper tool to click on the specific color your trying to find out. When you click on the color it will open a color chooser section, which will list the hex value.

You can adjust the Hue-Saturation to fit the color you so wish.
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

The font and white space could be lessened to make i all fit on one page.

The navigation is jumpy as its being reloaded one page to the next.

Since pages are different lengths, i woudl not have the navigationj at the bottom.

Best wishes!
  17. No Profile Picture

Round those corners! And center the page vertically on the screen.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo