1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Red face Personal Blog/Portfolio site

'Ello,

I'm a newish web developer and have decided to make a site that will show all my work in one place as well as keep a blog there. I've come up with a first design for the home page of the site and wanted to get some opinions on it, although I'll say this that I am not exactly a great designer to say the least I find stick men hard enough to draw.

The reason for what might seem like a random image at the top is because I've been travelling quite a bit and collected quite a number of really nice photographs that I wish to have at the top rotating with each page load. Also the Blog and Portfolio links are both drop down menus.

Some things I'm not too sure about is the navigation links at the top, I wasn't not sure if they really fit in at first but after looking at it for what was probably too long they seem alright but I'm still not sure. Also I did originally have each of the three content sections in white borders but I removed them by accident and thought it actually looked better without them.

Thank you in advance, El Barto.
    Attached Images
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Hi I like your design but it looks a bit boring. If it was my design I would play with font colors. Try adding a light gray to your copy and put the heading white.

Put all your headings into your template, it would better show what your page will look like with real content.

a nice footer could really help complete this page too.
  5. Contributing User

I think it looks nice. I'd make all the menu buttons the same size though. I like the arrow to show it is a dropdown so I guess I'd go with that size.

Thanks,
    Minnow
    http://www.minnowwebdesign.com - Web Design for the small business and non-profits.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Talking

'Ello,

Thanks alot for the replies they've helped alot I'll try and post a revised version of the design up again but I'm getting a bit snowed under with work which is why it took me a while to reply as well.

Thank you all again

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo