1. No Profile Picture
    Dim Brendan as Noob
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Help with Colors!!!

http://www.brendanclements.com/ups/

This is more of a support thread than critique but I figured this was the best spot.

I need help with the colors. Check it out, please give suggestions when you can.

Edit - This really should be in the Web Design section
    Last edited by Brendan.C; March 16th, 2009 at 02:27 PM.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

The design is... unique? I guess I can say? That needs major improvement. As for color schemes and such.. your a video gaming clan, what do gamers like to see? Heavy graphic, technology, futuristic looking designs, so make it like one! Dark colors, black, dark greys, either dark red or blue.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Dim Brendan as Noob

Thank you. I don't particularly like the gold between the main boxes but it is what my friend likes (he is the one I am making the site for)

I have plenty of darkness, it's almost too dark with too much gold. I need to add more contrast without compromising the gold/brown scheme
  7. Meatball Surgeon
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

your "United Players Syndicate" graphic flashes so fast that i had to stare at it for a minute before i could read it (getting one word on each pass)
    Three gigs for the secretaries fair
    Seven gigs for the system source
    Nine gigs for the coders in smoky lairs
    One disk to rule them all, one disk to bind them
    One disk to hold the files, and in the darkness grind'em
    ---------------------------------------------------
    It is by caffeine alone that I set my mind in motion.
    It is by the beans of Java, that my thoughts acquire speed.
    The hand acquire shakes; the shakes become a warning.
    It is by caffeine alone that I set my mind in motion.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

The background being white is too much contrast for me with the darker colors. Maybe a lighter gold, red, or grey?

There are two CSS errors:
    10 body Value Error : background-position Too many values or values are not recognized : top left,top right

86 td.nav a:visited Value Error : background-color #33000 is not a valid color 3 or 6 hexadecimals numbers #33000

Good Luck!
    Judy
    Karmoxie LLC
  11. No Profile Picture

The colors definitely need to be changed and they should stay within a 'uniform' look or scheme.

The top nav menu seems to be broken. Upon hovering, it appears its suppose to expand but doesnt. If it doesnt. then the height needs to be fixed.

The spaces between the blocks shouldn't be so dominant. Makes the site look blotchy and 'pieced' together if that makes sense.

Better use of margins for your block headers. They're to close to the top edge of each block.

Since your clan is based off the 'UPS' theme, I'd use more browns and golds such as used in your logo. It will make your site more uniform as well.
  13. No Profile Picture

Perhaps stick to a maximum of 3 colours... maybe 4 if you're struggling.

The header needs improvement. Do you know any arty people who could give you some general design advice, face to face?

As there is little textual content, use graphics to fill empty space.

You need to come up with a theme, and run with it through every aspect of the site.

And most importantly, do some research. Got a favourite site? Don't be afraid to take inspiration from it. Take some features and make them your own.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo