1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

http://www.clusterattack.com

Please check out this site.
    I usually implement others designs, and am looking for some helpful feedback.

http://clusterattack.com/indexDemo.php/

The website is for a friend who is a researcher and trying to help people who suffer from really terrible headaches. Cluster headaches are magnitudes worse than migraines. Its for researchers and patients.

I didnt want to emphasize pain too much, people may not feel well when visiting the website. I used photos to try to have some sort of theme. I looked at headache pill websites. Ouch - Aleve's WOULD give me a headache.

Im hoping for some constructive criticisms and suggestions to make the site better. For example, I think I may put links to videos on the fornt page, under the marquee of events.

The original site is at the root directory.
    You might noticed I stopped the blinking on the brain from the original site. Again, may cause a headache. This image will be sharpened, but Im not sure how I will be using it yet.

Thanks!
    Judy
    Last edited by Karmoxie; April 19th, 2009 at 09:10 AM.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Hmmm...I posted this almost a week ago and 0 views?

Really hoping to get some feedback!

Thanks!

Judy
  5. Eager to learn
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

1. You have a HTML error
    2. You have a CSS error
    3. I don't like your navbar. Try using a gradient or something to style up that thing!
    4. The font size is really small. Try increasing it
    "Quality of responses may vary. I reserve the right to change my mind for any reason what-so-ever without admitting I was wrong. I'd prefer to change your mind however, it's easier on my ego". - jwdonahue

"so no-one has actually bothered to post an original quote ? what's wrong with making up your own?"
    - marnixR
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by EricReese
    1. You have a HTML error
    2. You have a CSS error
    3. I don't like your navbar. Try using a gradient or something to style up that thing!
    4. The font size is really small. Try increasing it
    Thank you for your feedback.

I noticed I had the original site listed first, this may have caused some confusion so I have updated my post.

There is no HTML error on the new design.
    There had been a CSS error in relation to some Wordpress code, and I have now removed it.

Any other feedback is appreciated. Thank you!
  9. Eager to learn
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

Ooh ok with this design..

1. Try making the text search field input wider. I feel as if it were cramped in there as an afterthought
    2. Center the navbar items vertically.
    3. Try putting a border around the navbar items, so that I can clearly see when one ends and one begins
    4. With those images at the top, try making it so new images reload on every page refresh
    "Quality of responses may vary. I reserve the right to change my mind for any reason what-so-ever without admitting I was wrong. I'd prefer to change your mind however, it's easier on my ego". - jwdonahue

"so no-one has actually bothered to post an original quote ? what's wrong with making up your own?"
    - marnixR
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I also don't like the navbar. Try to look around for some ideas.
    The site is nice and clean. The border is a bit too strong for me ;-)
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Good Informative site.
    The captions of the header---Bringing Researchers...--- is unnoticeable due to the selection of colors and modes of the header.
    You could correct it to look even more better.
    Every paragraph is left aligned.Better to justify to avoid uneven distribution of data in the paragraph.
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Unfortunately, due to the colours and the lack of gradients, the site has a dated look, and some elements are hard to quickly identify.
    The navbar immediately reminded me of google adds, rather than a main feature, so have a look at some different ideas (cssplay or dynamic drive's css library for starters).
    The top paragraph does not stand out enough (needs a larger top margin) and perhaps some bold/italic on the first sentence.
    The same is said for the next bit below, you seem to have got your font sizes mixed up, so that the text for the comment is smaller than your top paragraph, and the subheading of the paper's name is a similar intensity and size to the sub heading of papers translated.
    What you're trying to do is quite difficult, but I'm sure you already understand that a professional modern looking website will help generate enough activity (because the content is obviously going to be good) so that then other professionals and other headache sufferers want to get involved and be part of this online community.
    Best wishes,
    Watters
  17. echo $usertitle['computer'];
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Moderation: Thread title updated to fit in with the rules.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo