1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Http://029c92a.netsolhost.com/

Hello,

Please take a look and let me know what you think. There are a few things that I would like to do here.

1. Colors - I designed the color scheme on a mac screen and then on the PC it looks too yellow. The "PC" version is here -http://029c92a.netsolhost.com/indexphphphp.php I guess I have to find a middle ground that is acceptable in both. Any ideas? I also tried nicer looking nav bar...
    2. Also the Main Heading - Welcome to Abra-Metal and that first paragraph seems to not quite fit. How can I make this look more professional.

Sincerely,
    Colin

Comments on this post

• Skipt agrees
  3. No Profile Picture
    Banned
    Devshed Demi-God (4500 - 4999 posts)

I like it, but I'm not sure what the purpose of the string of images in the upper right above the eComm tools is.

Also, maybe have some interactive "current scrap quotes" commodity links? Like stock quotes, scrape from Google...
  5. No Profile Picture

It's a nice design but I don't really like that everything is aligned to the left but that's just me :/
  7. Eager to learn
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

Hi there,

1. I don't like your URL. You have indexphphphp.php
    2. For some reason I don't like your blue boxes being different lengths. Try making them the same size. You might need to remove some content.
    3. What arty said.

Cheers
    "Quality of responses may vary. I reserve the right to change my mind for any reason what-so-ever without admitting I was wrong. I'd prefer to change your mind however, it's easier on my ego". - jwdonahue

"so no-one has actually bothered to post an original quote ? what's wrong with making up your own?"
    - marnixR
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Thanks Arty - great idea re: quotes. The upper right image just gives a visual summary of what we do - abrasives products are there, rebar is there, a polished piece of metal is there - many of our cilents seek mirror finish of stainless..... a few people have mentioned that it could be omitted now, so perhaps I will get rid of it. Thanks, C

Originally Posted by Arty Ziff
    I like it, but I'm not sure what the purpose of the string of images in the upper right above the eComm tools is.

Also, maybe have some interactive "current scrap quotes" commodity links? Like stock quotes, scrape from Google...
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Hi Skipt,

Great feedback. Yea the url is just temporary until we change over from html. Indeed about the blue boxes. Will tighten that up.

Thanks, C

Originally Posted by Skipt
    Hi there,

1. I don't like your URL. You have indexphphphp.php
    2. For some reason I don't like your blue boxes being different lengths. Try making them the same size. You might need to remove some content.
    3. What arty said.

Cheers
  13. No Profile Picture

I agree with the others (especially about the blue boxes) but I have one more comment: the menu tabs on the top-right seem out of place. All the other facets of the website are very simple, but this one has drop-shadows and gradients. They seem a little ...off.

Just a thought.
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Really? It looks weird on my mac...

wat?
  17. guru
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

hi,

I think you have done a nice job although there are a few tweaks i would do (probably mentioned above):

1) Fluidity: When you change the windows size the right hand tab list floats upwards. I would add a min-width to whatever div you are holding your nav and checkout nav in)

2) Pricture Top Right: At least add an alt text (i didnt check the code it just doesnt come up when i hover)

3) Date: This doesnt line up with the navigation bar entries. For consistencies I would line them up.

4) Alignment: I dont like the fact everything aligns left. Wack everything in one div and fix width it to what ever min-width you have for the Header with the image in mentioned in point 2 and then align="center". That way the content will always stay in the middle of the screen and look much nicer

5) Blue Box backgrounds: Im not a big fan of the 2 different blue images used for your blue box. Thats a personal preference where i like very smooth backgrounds

6) Blue Box Links: Surely these blue boxes should be linking somewhere???

7) Blue Box size; make them the same height

8 Yellow Footer: I would add a margin-top:20 to the footer and leave some space
    Create, Inspire & enjoy

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo